Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday Jillibean Christmas Card

Happy Wednesday

I am so excited- this is my last day of school!!  I can do it - I can do it.  It does kind of scare me though that my school has been having threats of shootings.  The police have been all over my school the past couple of days but they said that today is the day.  Even if it is a prank I hope they find the people - I don't like the feeling of going to school scared.

Today I have a really quick and easy card to share that I made for Cord Scrapbook Studio using the Winter Tortellini Soup from Jillibean Soup.  I layered the paper and then I found in my stash a crochet doily and I used that to once again layer to make my own embellishment.  It all came together super quick!
supplies
everything but the doily is Jillibean Soup

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another layout using this awesome collection!!  See you then! Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

18 comments:

norma g said...

OMGosh MP, that is scary...I'll be praying for you and your school. Sending peaceful vibes your way. The card is beautiful, the doily is a really nice touch.

Tammy said...

Oh goodness. What a crazy world we live in. Praying that all is well in your school. Hope they catch the prankster. Love your card. The doily is a fun touch. :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I hope today passes without incident. I don't love the idea of you having to go to work worried and scared that some wacko is going to do something. I don't know what's wrong with this world! Your card, however, is very uplifting and pretty and would bring a smile to anyone's face. :) The doily gives it such a cozy feel.

Christina Collins said...

I hope you stay safe at school! I'm sure security will be high and you'll have nothing to worry about.
This card is so gorgeous! Lovely layers!

SandeeNC said...

How scary for you, I am glad this is the last day before break and hope that you will get to relax and enjoy your family. Your card is beautiful! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Jingle said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! Thanks for the inspiration. Be safe ...

Becky said...

I hope everything is okay today, I'll be thinking about you.

I love that doily :)

Annette Allen said...

Trust in the Lord to keep you safe. I will say a prayer..

Love your card.

Katie said...

Beautiful card! Love the doilie.
Hoping that you stay safe throughout the day today and enjoy your holiday break!

Fleursbydesign said...

What a scary situation, hope all is well today. Love you card the doily is the perfect touch :)

Connie Mercer said...

Love the card the doily just makes it!!Sending prayers!!!

Jan Hennings said...

Very pretty and love the doily!

Izzy Anderson said...

This is gorgeous and I especially love the texture of the doily. Perfect touch!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness. That is really frightening that someone would be calling your school and saying that. If they think this is a prank, they need to know that it is not funny! I hope that they are caught and that they get in trouble for this.

On the bright side - your card is gorgeous!

Aimee Kidd said...

Beautiful card! Love those colors!

So thankful nothing happened at school! My heart sank when I read there was a threat! I am praying for all school/children's safety and that the people who need help will get it!

Tracy said...

Ohh that is scary, what is up with people. I too hope they find out who is doing this.

Your card is great, I love the crochet doily

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

I am sorry to hear about the threats at your school. That has to be so scary!!!
The card you made is so cute...I love the crocheted doily!!!

Post a Comment