Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday Sketch and Moxxie

Happy Thursday,

I have been on a mission these past couple of weeks to get a but caught up with my scrapping.  Don't get me wrong I am ALWAYS behind but I don't like to be more than a year behind.  So I have been hard at work scrapping last Christmas.  I got one more layout done and I have one more to go.  Here is my latest!

This month on the Moxxie blog I made a rough sketch and layout.  Here is the sketch-- pretty basic - lots of room for your interpretation and places to put your own embellishments. 
And here is my layout.  I have to say I really love this layout!!  I used the Christmas collection Party at the Pole and I combined it with some fun embellies from Elles' Studio and Studio Calico.  

This layout is of my Jack at his Kindergarten Christmas concert.  He was so adorable.  He was so proud of himself that he was able to do his little solo bit.  I had tears in my eyes the entire time!!  The paper from Party at the Pole was so perfect for this.  I layered my paper randomly and even put in some vellum paper over the argyle paper (it was fun pulling out some old things in my stash!).  I then machine stitched my background circle and some of the other parts.  I then added some fun tags and stamped some embellishments using the Elle's Studio stamp set.  When I was done I thought something was missing and a decided to mist some of the mistable stars from Studio Calico with the Heidi Swapp silver spray that has a hint of shimmer to it and then I was done!!

supplies
paper- moxxie
tags and stamps- elle's studio
stars- studio calico
spray- heidi swapp

Thanks so much for stoppign by today. I will be back tomorrow with some exciting news!! I can't wait to share!! I have been bursting at the seams to tell.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp


16 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is my new favorite page of yours, Mary Pat! Love the fun twist on classic Christmas colors and the bit of shimmer.

tpgirl said...

love your page and will try your sketch soon!

Becky said...

This turned out awesome! Those Christmas programs are always the best, aren't they? Can't wait to hear your news!!!

Madeline said...

Beautiful page! Love all your stitching and the shimmery stars!

Jingle said...

Very nice layout!

Annette Allen said...

such a cute layout...love all the stars..

Steph said...

Adorable layout! Can't wait to hear the news.

Sue Althouse said...

Lovely page and such great photos! Sketches are a great way to scrap a little faster when you feel behind.

Katie said...

This is such a cute layout! Jack looks adorable at the Christmas concert - you must have been so proud of him!

I can't wait to hear your news tomorrow!

Lilith Eeckels said...

FAB take on the sketch! Great colours too!

Izzy Anderson said...

Oh, MP, this is sooo sweet. I love those pics, the story and your page. Your stitching is great. It adds such a nice touch. And news tomorrow!!!! I'm checking in early to hear! Congrats in advance. :)

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layout, love your take on the sketch :)

laurab said...

This is a great page. I love how you centered everything and the look of a snowy window on the edges.

norma g said...

Awe...this is a really great layout

Katie said...

How Exciting!!! Congratulations Mary Pat!

Tracy said...

Another wonderful and sweet layout.
Great sketch, I put it in my sketch folder to use when I get back into doing my layouts :)
Such a proud mommy moment :)

Post a Comment