Monday, December 31, 2012

TAWS- Be InSpired #18

Happy Monday,
Did  you have a nice weekend?  We sure did.  We had a date night!  I still had my cold but it was still nice to get out just the two of us and have a dinner.  We were home early but it was great just to be together!

I have been very crafty this break and I was  busy with a couple of challenges.  Today I have The Alley Way Stamps Be Inspired challenge.  I really love these challenges because it really gets me thinking and I love that!
Here is a look at the photo.
I love the red and white color combo.  When I first saw this I thought of Christmas, and I have to say I am a bit tired of making projects for Christmas and Christmas is over so I wanted to do something different.  So I thought outside of the box on this one.  The most logical card for this photo is a card that is red and white with snowflakes but I didn't want to go there.  So here is what I came up with:
I went with this cute little digi stamp and colored him with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I then stamped the heart border using the cute border that was included in my Framed set.  I then colored alternating hearts.  I then stamped my sentiment which also came in my Framed set.  Finally I added some yummy twine from The Stringery.  I love how it turned out.  Again I went with the colors in the photo.

If you want to see all the details for the challenge you can go HERE!

supplies
cardstock- bazzill, neenah solar white
stamps- digi- clear- TAWS
twine- The stringery

I hope you have a wonderful night tonight.  Do you have any New Year's Eve plans?  The boys always spend the night with my mom and hubby and I have another date night.  We are going out to a wonderful place for dinner and then probably home.  This cold is really knocking me off my feet and I go back to school on Wednesday so I want to get a lot of sleep.  I will probably miss the dropping of the ball but that is ok with me!

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow with my first project for Imaginisce!!  I am so totally excited!  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

20 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Very sweet...love that little bug!
The row of hearts is so sweet!

We are having a small party just 5 people coming by ...but we are know each other it will be fun.
I'm cooking a meal for 10 pm so will be kept busy tomorrow.

Christina Collins said...

How adorable! Love the little lady bug. Nothing special here planned. I never was much of a patier. I think I'll just sleep the new year in. Hah! I'm 25 years old...not 90! I swear!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so, so sweet, Mary Pat! We'll be celebrating with appetizers, sparkling apple juice, and poppers as we watch the ball drop. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Mary Jo said...

Adorable card! And I like that you went out of the box with the inspiration.
Will probably miss the ball drop here, too. We have had just too many late nights already this break!
Hope you feel better soon!
And happy new year :)

Tammy said...

Adorable card! No big plans for me - I got a party invite at the last minute but I hate to be on the roads with the crazies. Our family tradition from childhood is a movie marathon on New Year's Eve so that is my plan for today. Movies and relaxing! :) Happy New Year to you Mary Pat!

Pam W. said...

Love this card. Simple and pretty!!

Janet's Joy said...

Such a cute card! Have another great date night!!

Annette Allen said...

aww really cute..i so love this ladybug... thanks for joining us at THe Alley Way Stamps.. Be Inspired Challenge..

Happy New Years Eve

Becky said...

This is adorable and I love that you went outside the box with this :) I hope you get to feeling better soon and enjoy your night tonight, be safe :)

Unknown said...

those hearts are really cute! tfs!

Tracey McNeely said...

So so sweet Mary Pat. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Norma G. said...

Cute card! We're gonna be celebrating with our friends and neighbors tonight :D Have a Blessed New Year!!

SandeeNC said...

CUTE card, my first thought when I saw that picture was, "wow, wish my bedroom looked like that!"..lol I'm such a nut! Happy New Year my friend, waving hi and counting down from the hills of North Carolina :)

DistinctiveLMNts said...

Very pretty card , Mary Pat . I love those colors and not just for the holidays. I may have to give it a whirl.
Happy New Year,
Lisa

Fleursbydesign said...

Cute card, Happy New Yer

Izzy Anderson said...

I love your take on the inspiration piece. Beautiful card.

Tracy said...

Aww that is a sweet card. Love that colour combo.
Love that inspiration piece :)
Hope you had a great evening out :)

Katie said...

I love your take on the inspiration!!

I hope you had a great date night and a wonderful new year!

Kim S said...

What a fun card! I LOVE the layout! So glad to see you at The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge.

*Alison* said...

This is adorable.. Love how you used the inspirational photo, and the twine is a perfect touch.. Thanks so much for playing with the TAWS BE inspired Challenge! Can't wait to see what you make next challenge.. hugs

Post a Comment