Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thursday Sparks Challenge

Happy Thursday

How is your week going? So far so good here but I have to say I am totally ready for the weekend!

Can you tell lately that I am totally addicted to stamping, cardmaking etc.  I really am.  I am having so much fun and that is all that matters to me!  Don't get me wrong- I totally love my scrapbooking and will NEVER give it up But I have been needing a change.  Stamping is just up my alley right now!!

Last week I entered the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge and here is the prompt:
You can see all the details of the challenge HERE

Well, I was playing around with my stamps (I bought some new ones!) and I saw the adorable little bird and I thought I would enter the challenge again but with a different take on it.  For this card I did some paper piecing for my trees and hearts.  I then colored in my bird red using my Spectrum Noir markers. I then added some twine from The Stringery! I still included the basic colors of white, and grey but just in different manners.  I really like how  this turned out!  I like it even better than my first one -- seen HERE

supplies
cardstock- neenah solar white
markers- spectrum noir
stamps- paper smooches
ink- hero arts, memento
twine- the stringery
paper- imaginisce

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with the November Moxxie Blog Hop!  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

26 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

I really like it too Mary Pat! Very sweet.

Dawn Gross said...

Nice simple card!

Connie Mercer said...

very pretty and simple~I like that!!

Heidi said...

So cute!! Love the little bird and the colors of the trees.

Jingle said...

This is so super cute!

Sue Althouse said...

Very cute! Love your colors, and that cardinal is adorable.

Mary Jo said...

Gorgeous card!
I love the simple, pretty design :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Very sweet, Mary Pat! I love the cute little bird sitting atop the tree!

Annette Allen said...

oh I LOVE THIS...so awesome..love the added twine too.

Blessed Ladybug said...

one work... AWESOME... and oh so CLEAN.. well two sorry.. hugs.

Unknown said...

This is fabulous, I love the clean design and the twine is perfect!

Madeline said...

OMGosh, that is ADORABLE!

Melissa said...

This is the cutest card EVER! I really do love it.

angie gutshall said...

Super cute and simple!

laura said...

I love the believe card, so bright and cheerful.

Becky said...

Love your take on the challenge! This is adorable!

Katie said...

This is so cute! I love it!

Izzy Anderson said...

Oh, MP, this is cute, cute, cute. LOVE!!!

Norma G. said...

I really like the way the colors pop off of the white cardstock you've been using on your cards. Beautiful, gorgeous and all of the above ;D

scrappymo! said...

Sweet, simple card!

Tracy said...

This is such a great card!!
I love the pop of gorgeous colours on the white background. Love that you paper pieced so fun.

gale said...

Wow, I love your take on this print!! Very cute card.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! Another fab card for our challenge--LOVE the switch of the colors and I LOVE LOVE LOVE those paper pieced trees! FAB! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

barb mann said...

Mary Pat - This is adorable. I LOVE white space!

~amy~ said...

tweet!

thanks for playing with us at Paper Issues!

Marybeth said...

Your card is adorable.....CAS ,love it! I am trying to decide what set to buy first.

Post a Comment