Friday, December 7, 2012

Sparks Challenge 12/7

Happy Day Everyone!
This is my second post of the day.  If you are here for the Moxxie December Blog Hop please click HERE!

Today I am popping in for the Sparks Trend Watch Challenge 12/7/  This is such a fun challenge. To see all the details please go HERE!  Here is the inspiration photo:
The Polaroid look is all over the paper crafting world and I have to say I LOVE it.  When I saw this I immediately had the idea of a Polaroid Christmas card.  Paper Smooches has THE best Christmas stamps and I knew I wanted to use them.  Here is what I came up with.
 For my card I made some Polaroid frames using some Jillibean Soup Staples paper.  I then stamped the center with some of the fun ornament stamps from Paper Smooches. I colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers.   I then stamped my sentiment on the bottom part of the Polaroid frame.  I then  layered 2 frames and attached them with some Imaginisce washi tape ( I am really loving their new washi tape!).    Finally I layered them on my card.  Love how it turned out!

supplies
paper- jillibean soup
stamps- paper smooches, the alley way stamps
markers- spectrum noir
washi tape- imaginisce
ink- memento and hero arts

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back with some new projects!!  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

16 comments:

Sharla said...

Wow...this is so cute and very clever! Love it!

Annette Allen said...

Girl you are so rocking these stamps.. Awesome card..

Barbara said...

I love the look of polaroids on layouts. Great challenge and great card.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Totally adorable!!! Love your take on the challenge!!!

Chris Dring said...

What an adorable card! Love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Those bulbs are just fantastic Mary Pat, have a great weekend!

SandeeNC said...

Great take on the challenge, and I also love Polaroid frames, they are just too cute! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Tracy said...

Great card !!!
I love how the colours pop on the white. Also love that Polaroid frames and how you coloured up the light bulb stamps.
Such a fun card :)

scrappymo! said...

Very cute and I love the wee bit of washi tape!

Jan Hennings said...

Too cute!

The Paper Parade said...

This is so bright and cheery! I love the layering of the different colors of patterned polaroids and then the fun big ornaments and wide washi tape!

Nina Yang said...

The polaroids on your card are just too cute, Mary! Love the bold statement of the holiday lights! So bright and cheery! Thank you for playing along with us in the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge! Have a wonderful holiday season!

butterfly843 said...

Love those stamps and the frames.

Connie Mercer said...

so cute Mary Pat!!! Great idea!!

Katie said...

I think I missed this, but I am loving these Polaroid frames! They look awesome

Izzy Anderson said...

This couldn't be cuter!!

Post a Comment