Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cards for Kids Blog Hop

Today is such an exciting day!  I am participating in the Lawn Fawn Blog Hop for Cards for Kids.  Here is a little message from Kelly at Lawn Fawn:

Hello and welcome to the Lawn Fawn Hearts Cards for Kids Blog Hop! We have all come together today to make cards for a wonderful cause, Cards for Kids! We hope to encourage you to also make cards for this great cause and have fun along the way, too! So please hop along with us, and make sure to leave comments as there will be prizes for commenters and participants! So let's get going! Also, if you are lost in the hop, you can always start at the beginning at the Lawn Fawn blog. Thank you so much for hopping along with us today!

Here is my card.  Why are frogs so happy?


The punch line:  They eat whatever bugs them!


This card was very easy.  I simply cut out a a blue piece of cardstock (5.25 x 3.75), stamped with the canvas background stamp, and attached it to a 4 x 5.5 piece of white cardstock.  I then cut a a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock so that it is 3 x 8 and then folded it in half.  On the front I stamped the images of the flies and frog, and then colored them in with copic markers.  I then ran the piece thru the printer to print out the joke and then again for the punch line.  I then stamped some more flies around the punch line and included a little spider.  Once again I colored the flies with copics.
 
Supplies used for the Card:
Cardstock:  bazzill and neenah solar white
Stamps:  Hero Arts Background Stamp ( a canvas stripe);  Basic Grey Leaping Lizard stamp set.
Inks:  Hero Arts Cerulean Blue; Memento
Copics: markers
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget to leave a comment.  There will be prizes for commenters (according to Kelly).  If you see something you like please feel free to sign up and follow my blog. 
 
Here's the next blog:
Shawnte http://shawnteparks.blogspot.com/
Mary Pat (that is me) http://www.siehledwithakiss.blogspot.com/
Lynsey http://www.lynseyreadswritescreates.blogspot.com/
 
Remember:  Always go back to Lawn Fawn Blog if you get lost or the links aren't working.  Enjoy the Hop!

51 comments:

Banu said...

Beautiful card. You have inspired me to create more of the fun cards. Those are always hard for me to create and I know kids really enjoy these. Awesome color combo as well. :)

Gretchen said...

So cute!

Tiff said...

What a sweet and clever card! They will love that joke! I know I do :)

Anonymous said...

How cute!!

Jingle said...

This is a great card!

Christiana said...

Lol! So cute! Love the joke, and the kids will too!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Beautiful!!!! So funny!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith Winston

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Hilarious!!!!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Ashley Newell said...

What a fun joke! I love your card!

{VICKI} said...

cute joke

Atticelf said...

LOL...cute!

Kelly Rasmussen said...

what a cute and fun card!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Cute joke!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

LOL! Funny & cute!

Jess said...

So adorable and funny! Love it!

Nancy said...

Love your sweetly humorous card...way too cute!
bless you!

Rhonda Miller said...

So fun. TFS.

Lynsey said...

Cute, fun card!

GinaE said...

Super cute!!!!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Oh I so love the simplicity of this card and how the images says it all. Great job. TFS

Nichol Magouirk said...

so cute! perfect!

Brenda said...

Cutie, love that joke!!! I am still laughing.

Erika M. said...

Your card is just too cute!

~kelly marie~ said...

Love this card! It is so funny and sweet! Sure to bring smiles!

Kelly said...

funny card! They'll love it!

Laurel Beard said...

HA HA HA. I love jokes cards. I made a couple too. Yours is HILARIOUS!

GrannyCharlotte said...

Cute card. TFS.

Sus said...

so clever!

Jackie said...

Love the flies and love the card. Thanks for the information on how you did it.

Karen said...

A joke card is a perfect idea. So cute.

Jana said...

Heehee! So cute!

pcm said...

cute!

diane said...

Cute pun.

Kelley said...

I need the frog here so he can eat what bugs me! Great card.

nsmerkt said...

Great card!

donna mikasa said...

Love cards with riddles...yours is too cute!

Manasa said...

So cute !!

Nicky Hsu said...

Too cute.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

thanks for the chuckle.

Sue D said...

Very cute card--I have always liked this joke.

Heather Innusa said...

Very cute, love the joke!

kristina proffitt said...

So cute and loved the joke! ;) Hugs!

Char Dobson said...

Cute!

Laurie said...

Adorable!

Angela said...

I have this stamp set and love the way you used it!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

LOL! That is so funny!

shawnte said...

this is so clever! lol! funny joke. great card for a kid. cute little frog :)

Denise Bryant said...

Cute card! Love the joke.
DeniseB

Connie F. said...

I love the cards with jokes for kids. All kids like jokes and I'm sure this one will make them smile. Cute card. Lots of love to you.

Cindy Groh said...

I love that little joke. Great card,

cowboydutrem said...

Fun card!

Post a Comment