Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday and Some Very Exciting News!!!

Happy Friday!
Oh I am so glad it is Friday!  I have 3 more school days until break.  I keep saying to myself- "I can do it.  I can do it!"  I have so much to do still for the holidays.  Hopefully hubby and I will finish our shopping this weekend - Jack is going to a b-day party and mom said she will watch Michael.  Hubby and I are going  out to buy Jack's present.  Then I will be officially done and I can start the wrapping process.

So I have been sitting on this awesome news for close to two weeks now and I thought I was going to burst!!  I have been invited to be a part of the 2013 Imaginisce Design Team.  I am so over the moon you would not believe it.

To give you a little background and sorry that I am a bit long winded but this literally has been a dream of mine for years.    I started my blog 2 years ago so that I could enter the Imaginisce monthly challenges. I needed a blog to link up to their blog.  I thought what the heck I will give it a try.    I became addicted to the fun of the challenges- always making me stretch in my work and thinking outside of my own comfort zone.  They truly have helped me be a better scrapper.  Not long into my blogging Imaginisce had a DT call.  I tried out and didn't make it. I knew I had to develop my resume a bit and I have been working very hard on it.  I tried out last year and still didn't make it.  Once again I was crushed!  The rejection really hurt but I was determined never to give up.  This year's call was put out and I made my new projects- I worked like a dog putting it together and I sent it  in.  When Cari (the DT coordinator) sent out the letter last week I literally started to cry.  This has been a dream of mine for over 2 years.  This was the reason I started my blog, started to enter challenges, started to put my work out there.  I have reached a dream.  I know I sound pretty dramatic but I am just so excited.  I just love the collections from Imaginisce- they are so bright and cheery.  The embellishments are so fun and the tools are incredible.  I am still on cloud 9!! I am so honored to represent this wonderful company for the next coming year. 


Check out the amazing people who I will be joining.  There is so much talent that I am a bit awe struck!

Cari Locken (DT Coordinator) - Canada
Diana Fisher - USA
Fleur Smith - Canada
Jodi Wilton - Canada
Mary Pat Siehl - USA-----Can you believe it - that's me!!
Monique Liedtke - Netherlands
Regina Mangum - USA
Sara Zenger - USA
Suzanna Lee - USA

(* returning members)


I want to give a huge shout out to my followers.  You guys really keep me going.  When I would get my rejection letters you would pick me up and help me continue.  Your comments are so wonderful and I so truly appreciate it!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back (maybe) this weekend with a new project and then I have a big push to get a bunch of projects out that I finished up last summer -- so all new Christmas projects next week!!  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty weekend!
mp

34 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Rejection is oh so hard, but that acceptance letter definitely deserves a whoop of joy. Congratulations to you, Mary Pat! This is awesome news! You will have so much fun with this team. You're a perfect fit. :)

byondbzr said...

YAY congrats to you girl! So deserved!!

tpgirl said...

Congrats....your work is beautiful!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Mary Pat - I am so happy for you! Thank you for sharing your story! It is an inspiration for all of us to not give up! Imaginisce is lucky to have you. Enjoy the year and I look forward to lots of inspiration!

PeggyStolley said...

I agree with Susie, they are lucky to have you! Congrats on making the team. I can't wait to see some projects!!

Jingle said...

Congratulations!!!! How exciting!

Annette Allen said...

yahoo...how totally exciting.. You go girl...

Connie Mercer said...

Yes I can!! Congrats girl!! You do beautiful stuff!!!!

Pamela said...

Congratulations!!!! They are lucky to have you! And what a great story of persistence!! :)

~Tammy~ said...

Woohoo~ Big congrats!

Tracey McNeely said...

Mary Pat--Woo Hoo! A huge congratulations. You are going to be awesome on the team, can't wait to see what you do.

Aimee Kidd said...

Oh wow!! What an amazing story...I had no idea! Well, I for one am so happy that you didn't give up and kept reaching for your goal!! And here you are!! A HUGE CONGRATS to you!! I am looking forward to being on a team together again with you! You are so much fun to hang out with! Love ya girl!

Sharla said...

Yay and congrats and you are proof to never give up on a dream! How exciting for you and I'm looking forward to seeing your projects! :)

Fleursbydesign said...

Congratulations, looking forward to working with you next year :)

Mary Jo said...

Just wanted to stop by and tell you congratulations!!! That is such an inspiring story :)

Katie said...

Congratulations!!! That is so wonderful that you made their team :) Its so important to never give up on your dreams, because sometimes they do come true!! What an inspiring story to start off the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Congrats...so glad that this year is your year! Yep...you are in! Enjoy and I can't wait to get to know you:)

MirandaBe said...

Yayyyy and congrats!!! :) love your work and thanks for sharing your history, very inspiring!



Jodi said...

A HUGE CONGRATS to you! I LOVE your story too, because this was my fourth time trying out... :)... My motto: Never give up! Happy to be working alongside you, Mary Pat!

Monique Liedtke said...

Big congrats on making the team this year round Mary Pat!!! What an amazing story. I'm so very happy for you that you reached your goal, your dream ... Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and know full well how much this means, it's almost surreal. : )

Enjoy every moment and we can't wait to see what you create!

Dana Tatar said...

A big congrats to you Mary Pat! I can't wait to see what you create. =)

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Congrats Mary Pat, can't wait to get to know you better and see what you create!

Staci said...

Congratulations! An honor well deserved!

Suzanna Lee said...

Mary Pat that is quite and story and I admire your perseverance and dedication! Glad to see it paid off! I'm looking forward to a great 2013 full of new friends, new tools and great product!

Janet's Joy said...

Mary Pat I am so excited for you! You go girl!!!!

Margie Higuchi said...

Had to pop in and comment...WOOOHOOOO~!!! Congratulations to you! SO excited for you, Mary Pat! You're going to ROCK this DT gig out :)

JKKoets said...

Congratulations Mary Pat! I am inspired by you. Someday I hope to make it on a DT like this, and thank you for giving me hope!

Becky said...

Oh Mary Pat, I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you. I've been with you, almost from the beginning, and seeing your journey and growth in your scrapping has been one of the things I enjoy about my daily routine. I am so looking forward to this next year and am excited to see where this takes you!

Tracy said...

Congrats Mary Pat.
So you just proved that when you see a goal and work towards it, you can achieve it :) Good for you :)
I have to say they really are lucky to have you on their team. Your work is outstanding.
It couldn't have happened to a nicer person :)

Adora Concepcion said...

Congrats! I'm looking forward working with you in 2013..

Apryl said...

Congrats! This is going to be an awesome year :) you're story is an inspiration!

Alicia said...

Congratulations!! Well deserved!! :)

Alicia said...

Congratulations!! Well deserved!! :)

Post a Comment