Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Jillibean Canvas

Happy Monday

How was your weekend?  Ours was jammed packed but fun!  I finished my Christmas shopping and I was able to get a jump on some wrapping when the boys were out.  I am feeling pretty good about things now.  Usually I am done but Jack couldn't decide what to ask for.  He is my difficult one because he doesn't play with toys.  He loves sports and sorts.  He has never been a big game or toy player- he wants to be outside playing football with his friends or riding his bike and scooter.    But we are finished and that is a relief!!

Last August (it seems life forever ago) I worked really hard for Cord Scrapbook Studio with the Winter Tortellini Soup by Jillibean Soup.  I made a TON of projects and I can FINALLY show them here on my blog.  So for this week I am having a Jillibean Week!  My first project is an altered canvas.  I really stepped out of my comfort zone with this one!  First I made some snowflakes  using my Silhouette and then made a mask and sprayed my canvas with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  I then rolled paper up to different lengths and   glued them on to the canvas.  I added some burlap as my tree stump and buttons to decorate.  I really love how it turned out!
supplies
canvas- Michael's
paper- jillibean soup
buttons- random, jillibean soup
twine- the twinery

I want to thank all of you for all your super kind comments you left on Friday.  You all are the best!! Thanks again!!

I will be back tomorrow with a new Jillibean layout.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

20 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I'm glad you stepped outside of your comfort zone, Mary Pat! This turned out beautifully! I love all of the rolled paper. :)

Connie Mercer said...

gorgeous !!!!

norma g said...

I love all the dimension and texture you added to this card. Beautiful as usual :D Happy Monday!!!

Janet's Joy said...

It's a beautiful canvas Mary Pat!

Annette Allen said...

this canvas is amazing... What a fun decoration and I love that it is Jillibean..

Mary Jo said...

Your canvas is just too, too adorable!

Steph said...

Such a cute card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous canvas Mary Pat!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

This is really cute!

Katie said...

This is so beautiful! I love the tree!

That is awesome that you are done shopping! I just finished about 10 minutes ago :) Oh wait, no I didn't! I forgot someone! Oops :/

Becky said...

This is so cute!!! I love the rolled up paper and the burlap :)

SandeeNC said...

I love the rolled paper Christmas tree canvas, turned out great! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Goodness!!! This is just adorable!!!

Margie Higuchi said...

One of my favorite techniques - need to do this more often! Love what you did with your card - so cute :)

laurab said...

This is a super cute canvas tree art. Great job.

Fleursbydesign said...

This is great, love the rolled paper tree

Sylvie said...

Wonderful!!

dalla said...

Love this idea Mary. tq for sharing.

Tracy said...

This turned out so cute.
I love the colours and the texture to this piece. Beautiful.
My middle daughter is the one that is hard to buy for. She is really laid back and never wants anything.

Izzy Anderson said...

Oh my word, this is all kinds of awesome, MP. Just LOVE this!!

Post a Comment