Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Core'dinations DT Monochromatic Challenge

Happy Thursday!

Well, even though I started school on Monday, they have all been teacher inservice and training days.  Today is the first day with students.  I am a bit overwhelmed at my numbers this year.  I have close to 150 students this year!  Wow, I don't even want to think what it will be like to grade this many tests!  LOL!

The DT of Core'dinations had a challenge- to create a monochromatic project with embossing. I was so excited when I found out I won!  I am featured in their August newsletter this month.  You can see all the directions on how I made this card in the newsletter!

supplies
cardstock- core'dinations
embossing folders- darice
fiskars paper crimper
stamps- some odd girl
pearls- recollections
marker- spectrum noir

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day.
mp

15 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful card!!

Mirabyll said...

Congratulations! I've always found your embossing projects with core'dinations to be very inspiring so I understand you won! Those clouds are super sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Have a wonderful school year!

Connie Mercer said...

so simple but making a statement as well. Beautifully done!!!

Erica said...

Fun card!

Cindy deRosier said...

It's beautiful! Your win was well-deserved.

Katie said...

The card is beautiful.

I'm so sorry about the 150 students! You will have to be very careful about when you schedule tests. I used to have 140 in Chicago and would inevitable schedule all my classes to have tests on the same day! It was so overwhelming!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the core'dinations cardstock, beautiful!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so pretty, Mary Pat. I love the monochromatic look. Alexa just got her class schedule today so she's all excited to see who's in her classes. She's taking French this year.

Pam W Merwin said...

Loving this card :)

Kelly Roberts said...

this is so pretty! great job on the challenge and i just love the butterfly.

Staci said...

What a sweet card! TFS.

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card :)
I like all the embossing and your corrugated butterfly :)

Aimee Kidd said...

LOVE!! Girl, you are rockin the Core'dinations papers!!

Kimberly Kett said...

Simple and beautiful, love it!

Post a Comment