Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Moxxie Garden Card

Happy Monday,

Did you have a nice weekend?  We sure did here.  It was really nice.  Had a lot of relaxing time in and then just a lot of family time.  I so love that!!

Today I have for you a card that I made for Moxxie.  It is a take on my sketch that I made.  Here is the sketch again:
Obviously when I made this sketch I was making a 12x12 layout; however, just because it is a layout doesn't mean that you can't take bits and pieces from it and make a card.  So I took away from the sketch the 3 pieces of vertical paper and the horizontal piece going across. Here is how my card turned out.

supplies
paper- Moxxie- Quite Contrary
sticker- Moxxie -Quite Contrary

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

17 comments:

bernii miller said...

What a sweet card and using my favorite colours!

Sue Althouse said...

Awesome sketch you made! Love how you adapted it for that lovely card.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Ooo, this is so pretty, Mary Pat! Too funny that we both have cards up today, both based on a sketch. Great minds think alike. :)

D's Paper Studio said...

What a creaitve take on your sketch. Beautiful.

Pam W Merwin said...

Love all your papers and color combination! What a sweet sticker :)

Fleursbydesign said...

Pretty card, love your take on the sketch :)

Madeline said...

Oh this is so pretty!

emily said...

purple and greens are so pretty together:) Happy Monday!

Unknown said...

great sketch and love how you made it work for your card :)

Katie said...

I love the sketch, and the card that you made from it. The colors are great!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love how you transposed your 12 x 12 sketch to a card! So pretty!

Mary Jo said...

Such a pretty card!!
I do the same with sketches and cards. I really like using sketches for cards lately. But usually just bits and pieces from the sketches.

Connie Mercer said...

gorgeous mary pat!!!

Margie Higuchi said...

Such a sweet card! Great way to use a sketch - yes, you don't have to use all :)

Tracy said...

Your card is so so pretty :)
I like that you turned the layout sketch into a card :)

Leslie Germain said...

Great use of the layout sketch to create this beautiful card.

Kimberly Kett said...

Love what you've done with the sketch, great card!

Post a Comment