Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mud

Happy Tuesday!

Even though we were so busy and I didn't get much sleep I was very creative this weekend. I love it when that happens.  I was on a mission to organize a bit of my paper.  I always keep my paper lines together.  I don't seperate them.  So I organized by collection and then put them together by manufacturer. I have one container just of Basic Grey and another of Imaginisce.  I have another one started for Little Yellow Bicycle.  This is going to be an ongoing process.  I always keep everything organized, but  I now want it even simpler for me.  I want to know immediately where a paper collection is versus just randomly placed. 

I was also able to scrap a card for a challenge and made 2 layouts from my own sketches.  I love it when the mojo is flowing and I just get busy.  The kids were awesome because they for some reason played together. That NEVER happens for more than 5 minutes and then the fighting begins--Michael wanting everything that Jack has, but for some reason that didn't happen. 

MUD
At the end of the summer, we all went over to our friends house.  Matt lives out in the country and has lots of land.  He is thinking of raising chickens and goats for his son's 4H program.  Well he has his own stocked pond and he has a dune buggy.  Well we all wanted to ride in it.  The problem was that it had rainded earlier and the ground was really wet, but that didn't stop us.  We all took our turns in the buggy and went for a ride.  We didn't realize that mud was splashing all over us.  When Jack got back from his turn he was covered with mud.  It was crazy.  Well Jack had never really played in the mud and he was so funny because he kept saying how dirty he was and how he loved it.   
For the title I again made my own chipboard letters using my Silhouette.

Supplies
cardstock:  bazzill
pattern paper/journaling tags:  october afternoon
stamps and journaling block:  ali edwards
punches: ek success
buttons/twine: paper trey ink

Well I hope everyone has a great day.  Remember to go to Monday's post to enter to win a $10 dollar gift card. 

Thanks for stopping by and I will be back tomorrow with my St. Patrick's Day cards!

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the borders on this and the design is great. That picture of his face is too cute! Isn't it funny how boys just naturally are attracted to dirt. :)

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

aww MUD is brilliant - the photos are fab. i love all the little pieces xxx

Jingle said...

Super cuteness!

Liz Michaud said...

Greay layout. Love the colors!

Sue Althouse said...

Looks like you did have a creative weekend from the this layout - great colors! I love having my paper organized by manufacturer, it just looks so inviting!

Becky said...

I love the green polka dots! What a fun time! You know, my girls wouldn't go anywhere near mud! Haha! I'm hoping to make St. Patrick's Day cards too! Can't wait to see yours!

Tammy said...

Great story! So glad you were productive over the weekend. The boys must have sensed how much Mom needed to do her thing so they cooperated! :) Love your layout - the photos are great and all the patterns are fun.

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

Pam W. said...

Great layout. Love the colors.

Danielle said...

Cute!!! I love how Jack realized that he loves mud.

hilde janbroers said...

love your layout!!!

ScrappnBee said...

Congrats on getting some organization done! Love the layout! He is too cute! Way to go to remember to take pictures of the mess! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors of this LO. The close-up photo of your son's face is priceless.

Teka Cochonneau said...

Love this layout!

Tracy said...

Awww how adorable is that photo :)
Lovely layout per usual.

Post a Comment