Monday, August 19, 2013

MOnday Back to School with Imaginisce

Happy Monday!
Well, this post is very timely because I am back to school myself today.  Today and tomorrow we have meetings and getting our classroom all set up and ready!  Trying to get positive here for another school year.  Last year really wore me down and I haven't really recovered yet from it!  So crossing my fingers that this year is better.

Imaginisce gave the DT an assignment to come up with a project with a Back to School theme.  I knew exactly what I was going to make.  Michael's pocket layout in which I will keep all his important papers from Preschool 4!

I started out my layout with a piece of Core'dinations cardstock and scored the edges and lightly sanded the paper to give it a distressed look.  I then made my pocket using one of my favorite collections from Imaginisce Geek is Chic!  I used all my scraps on this layout.  I then sewed the sides shut with my trusty little sewing machine.  Finally I decorated it with some coordinating embellishments and I did a lot of stamping using some Paper Trey Ink school stamp sets.


 A close up of the embellishments and the stamping.


supplies
cardstock- Core'dinations
paper- die cuts- Imaginisce
stamps- paper trey ink
ink- staz on, hero arts
punch- ek success

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with the new digi release from Some Odd Girl.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

21 comments:

Mirabyll said...

This is really sweet. This will be the first year I'm not getting back to school. I ended my teaching career last fall. I hope you and your boys will have a wonderful school year.

Tanya Ham said...

Happy Back to School!! :)

Kimberly Kett said...

So cute and clever! Love the embellishments!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a great idea and beautifully done, Mary Pat. Love all of the layered, fun embellishments! Good luck easing back into the school year. We still have two weeks to go...

Becky said...

I hope this year is better than last!! The pocket page is awesome!! I love the spiral edge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Good luck being back to school, hope this is a better year. I had a few years where I was still really burned out in September. I always love when you do posts and projects for school related memorabilia!

Annette Allen said...

so totally fun..

Madeline said...

Fabulous idea! That pocket will certainly be handy!

Dictionary said...

So cute, love all those embellies you added.

Elisa K said...

what a great idea and a cute layout.. thanks for sharing.

Cindy deRosier said...

I love that it's a pocket page! So cute!

Fleursbydesign said...

So cute, what a great idea :)

Connie Mercer said...

great idea and super cute!!! Hoping for an awesome year for you and your kids:):)

Katie said...

I hope today went well and you are feeling excited for this year.

The pocked layout is adorable! I love all of the embellishments!

Unknown said...

What a super awesome layout! Genius, really! I love the pocket idea.

Margie Higuchi said...

OOooo, fabulous page, Mary Pat!! Love the colors and the embellishments you put together. Already back to school?! Boy, time flies! Have a great start this week!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! Going to do this for my boys. TFS!

Norma Gomez said...

So cute Mary Pat, I bet Michael loves it! I hope you have a wonderful new school year. Thank you your wishes for my fur baby :D

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a great project idea for school papers! I hope your year goes better too! I know my sister had a tough year as a teach last year, so hopefully this year is better for both of you!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Love this layout! Hope your year is better than last and goes smoothly!

Tracy said...

This is a great project.
I really hope this year is a lot easier on you

Post a Comment