Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday TAWS # 35 Challenge

Happy Tuesday!

This weekend I was able to get into my craft room and work on several projects.  One of them was a project all for myself.  It has been AGES since I was able to enter into a challenge from The Alley Ways stamps.  You know I love to enter these challenges.  To see all the details of the challenge you can go HERE!

From the inspiration photo I took away the black board and white color combo along with the stripes and the color yellow.  So here is My take:
I used some Core'dinations cardstock and lightly sanded it exposing the black core and making it look like a blackboard.  I then stamped my TAWS sentiment and then added some bling to the center of all the flowers.  Next I stamped and colored my cute little bumble bee with my spectrum noir markers.  I cut him out and pop dotted him onto the card.  I just LOVE how it turned out!!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will be back later this week.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

21 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Totally adorable card!!!! :D

Tracy said...

I really like your take on the inspiration piece :)
I love that you used the bee as the striped part, very creative :)

Dana Tatar said...

Super cute card! I love the touch of bling and the fun pop of color.

Unknown said...

Oh that bee card is absolutely darling! You nailed that inspiration perfectly:)

Becky said...

I love how it turned it too! So adorable!

Kimberly Kett said...

GORGEOUS card! Love the colours!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh this turned out fantastic Mary Pat, love the black core paper!

Annette Allen said...

How cute... i love it..

Janet's Joy said...

Glad you had time to play. So cute!

Staci said...

You always do beautiful work, Mary Pat! Have a wonderful week!

Connie Mercer said...

you nailed the sketch. Really cute!!!

Unknown said...

I adore this, that bee is too cute!

Katie said...

I love your take on the challenge! Your card looks great!

Tammy said...

love the black and white -- it is so striking and that bee is just too cute. Awesome card! :)

Elisa K said...

ohhh i love that grey black and yellow combo... sweet card.. thanks for sharing...

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

un-bee-lievably sweet, mary pat!

Tanya Ham said...

VERY cute!!! :)

Norma Gomez said...

Bee-utiful ;D

Leslie Germain said...

LOVE this card. Great take on the challenge.

Jen Mitchell said...

I love your chalkboard take on the challenge! I especially love the pops of bright yellow! Thanks for joining the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

Kim Heggins said...

Love that bee...just bee-utiful!

Post a Comment