Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Moxxie Sketch and Good Times

Happy Friday!
Today is bittersweet for me.  It is my last day of summer vacation.  I am very very sad about this. Usually I am ready to go back to work but this is my first year that I am not excited.   Monday I am back to work.  This will be year 25 for me.  Wow!  Time sure does fly!

Today I have a new sketch and layout to share with you using some yummy Moxxxie, Core'dinations and Some Odd Girl cut file!!  So let's get right to it!

First the sketch!
And now the layout!
For my layout I used the Midway collection from Moxxie.  I made my strips of paper from the sketch into banners.   Next I took my Core Cardstock and scored a border around the edges and then sanded them.  I then took my Sand It gadget and sanded the entire piece to give the paper a more distressed look.  I like how it turned out.   I then used my Some Odd Girl Cut File with the arrows and then used the arrows in my layout.  I love the use of the negative space!  Finally I added some tags from Elle's Studio and Moxxie.

supplies
paper- Moxxie
cardstock- Core'dinations
cut file- Some Odd Girl
tags- Elle's Studio
wood veneer- studio calico

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back on Monday with a Back to School project from Imaginisce.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty weekend!
mp

19 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is super fun!

Cindy deRosier said...

Enjoy your last summer weekend! 25 years - that's awesome. Very fun LO!

Tanya Ham said...

Oh Em Gee! I love this!!! Just yesterday, I was looking for a sketch or template that I could modify for a 2-pager and this would work perfectly!!! LOVE how you cut the arrows and used the round part, too!!! :) Thanks for the inspiration!!

Leslie Germain said...

What a neat sketch. Love your take on it. Arrows are so fun.

D's Paper Studio said...

I love your arrows! The whole layout is great and your interpretation of the sketch is very creative.

Annette Allen said...

wow your take on the sketch is awesome.. i love it

angie gutshall said...

Love the sketch and layout! Very fun!

Becky said...

Oh man, I hope you are excited by Monday! Maybe it's just a delayed reaction :). I love the arrows on your layout!!

Tracie Marie said...

I love the arrows!!! Great Layout!!

Fleursbydesign said...

Great sketch and layout, love all the arrows :)

Connie Mercer said...

Looks amazing!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Delightful layout, congrats on 25 years and yes the end of summer is bittersweet! You should enter this at the Curtain Call, the theme is Carnival Craze!

Katie said...

Another great sketch and layout!

I hope you enjoyed the last bit of summer vacation. Its always such a bittersweet day. I hope the first day of school goes well though!

Kelly Roberts said...

Enjoy your last vacation day and wishing you a fantastic school year. Also, you did a nice job on this lo. The arrows are cute and I like the argyle too.

gale said...

What a great layout-I love that you used both the cutouts and the negatives.

Staci said...

Love your take on the sketch! I'm digging the arrows! :-)

Tracy said...

This is such a fun sketch and I love how you used it. I like the banners at the bottom!
I hope you enjoy your 1st day back at school :)
Wow, 25 years teaching. Congrats :)

Norma Gomez said...

This is a wonderful layout, all of the layers are fab! Hugs to you, I'm sure you'll perk right back up once you get in the classroom.

Kimberly Kett said...

So fun! LOVE it!

Post a Comment