Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An Odd Girl Wednesday Card

Hello and Welcome to Siehled With A Kiss!

What's new?  I just keep marching on!  I can't wait till the weekend!  That is so bad that I am already exhausted and it is only Wednesday.  Oh well I will get through.  I am just finding out how hard it is to have a child in school and work.  I thought it would get easier but it is not.  I work a half hour away from home and Jack's school is 15 minutes further north.  I leave school immediately to drive up north to be in the car pool pick up line (if I don't get there by 3:00 Jack is waiting close to 45 minutes in the school for me) and wait for about 25 minutes then we have to book it back 15 minutes south to go pick up Michael at his daycare and then we drive 10 more minutes home.  I am exhausted by the end of all this.  I don't know if I can keep this up for 175 more days (hey who is counting how many days there are left in the year-hehehehehehe).

I have been on a challenge kick lately!  And there was an awesome challenge over at Some Odd Girl Stamps.  Click HERE to get all the details.  Basically the idea is to use up your scraps!  How awesome is that!  Here is my take on the sketch.


The sentiment says "your're the best"  Sorry so blurry--don't know what happened!

Supplies
paper-imaginisce
gems- imaginisce
stamp- some odd girl

Well I will be back tomorrow with part 2 of the Basic Grey series.  Thanks so much for stopping by!
-mp


18 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! That is quite the busy day! I'm exhausted just from getting up at 6 AM and getting back in the swing....I can't imagine all that driving! I'm right there with you....can't wait 'til the weekend!!

Chris_P said...

Really cute!! Simply adorable! Thank´s for joinging us at Some Odd Girl!

Becky said...

That is a lot of driving! I hope it gets better or you can figure something out :) We are lucky enough to have the girls school in our sub division. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't give thanks for that! Haha! I didn't realize it until she started school though...

Your card is so cute today! I just love the watermelon and the polka dot paper!

Oh and I'm ready for the weekend too!!!! Three days girl!!!

Jingle said...

SOOOO cute!

Margie Higuchi said...

Cute card - love the band of fruit in the background! LOL!!

Like Becky wrote, I hope it gets better or hook up with a carpool of some kind!

Have a great Wed!!

Annette Allen said...

perfect card... I just love this paper collection.. That watermelon is so adorable..

Tammy said...

Love that fruity paper! I love ideas that help you use of scraps. I hope the drive gets easier or that you get used to it at least. Commutes can be painful, I know all too well!

Mary Jo said...

Super cute card!
And all that driving time does sound exhausting!

Steph said...

Very cute card! Hope your commute gets easier or at least less exhausting.

Christina said...

Hang in there Mary Pat! It's surprising how fast you get used to the craziness of working mom/kids in school.
Cute card, as always. Anytime I am stumped for a card idea, I come here and browse! :)

Elisa K said...

tooo cute... Thanks for sharing.

Just Jaime said...

Great card. Good luck with the carpooling!

Danielle said...

Wow, you sure have to drive a lot! Your card is so sweet.

Ursula Schneider said...

what a cute card and boy do I hear you on the driving. I used to drive 110 miles a day to get my kids to and from school. Ugh!

Tracy said...

Wow what a busy day. Your card is so cute. So nice to use up some scraps, and nicely done I may I add.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Adorable card! I love that little watermelon from Some Odd Girl!! Thanks for joining us this week at Some Odd Girl!
hugs,
M

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

How cute & fun! Thank you for joining us at Some Odd Girl! :)

Sarah Rice said...

how sweet is this!

thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

Post a Comment