Monday, July 18, 2011

Some Odd Girl Challenge

Hello and Happy Monday,

Wow is it just me or did that weekend go by soooo fast.  I blinked and it was over.  Saturday I had my card class and then came home. Jack had a play date with a friend over at our house so there was a ton of activity. Next it was time for dinner and then bingo--bedtime.  Sunday was more of the same.

I happened to stumble on a couple of weeks ago Some Odd Girl Stamps and I fell in love with their stamps.  They are so cute and they have boy images.  You don't have many of them.  I really fell in love with tiny tobie.  I think he is so cute.  Well they offer challenges on their site and I had to enter this one.  It was lift an "odd girl" ( the odd girls are the design team).  So for this challenge I chose Carlie to scrap lift.  I think her cards are just so adorable.  Here is the post and card that I chose. Click HERE

Here is my take Carlie's card using tiny tobie.


Once again I used all my scraps from my Burlap and Buttercups July kit.

supplies
cardstock-bazzill
paper-echo park
markers- copic
stamps- some odd girl, hero arts
ink-memento, hero arts
twine- the twinery

So what's on every one's agenda for the week?  Me?  I have a pretty busy week ahead.  I have some projects that I need to finish for my local scrap store.  As I have mentioned before I will make my layouts for the design team but I will also do projects for  display.  I have several Basic Grey kits that I need to put together.  I also am starting to make up kits because I am going in early August on a scrap retreat with a girl friend.  I want to make about 12 kits or so.  I have 2 made up so far.  Plus I have some doctor appointments and  odds n ends to accomplish.

I want to thank everyone for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new card from Summer Camp.  This is the last week of camp.  Thanks for stopping by and I will see you tomorrow!
mp



14 comments:

Jingle said...

This is so cute! I love it!!!

Tammy said...

Oh, very cute! I can see what you mean - that stamp is adorable! Love all seeing how you are using up your scraps. I need to get better at that myself! I agree that weekends go by way to fast. Why is that????? :)

Becky said...

I think you should re-name that stamp Tiny Jack or Tiny Michael :) he is adorable! Super cute! Sounds like a busy week ahead!

Steph said...

Great card! Some Odd Girl stamps is one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card!

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. I know what you mean about the weekend going by too fast. I was pretty busy myself. This week will be more of last week...work, work, work. Yay! ;)

Unknown said...

Your card is so cute! Busy girl you are. My whole week flew by!! I was in Houston last week sitting for my granddaughter and did we have fun! Even if I had a migraine for 3 days and caught the cold her mommy has!

byondbzr said...

That is one adorable card!

Sarah Rice said...

such a fun summery card! love it!

thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

Mary Jo said...

Sorry I didn't get by to post yesterday.
It was definitely busier than I had planned that is for sure!!
And the rest of the week doesn't look any slower :)

Your card is so, so adorable!!

Sandi said...

Awwww...look at him! So adorable! Love those Echo Park papers you used with him...they go perfect!

Rene Sharp said...

That little guy is adorable. Great card!

Carlie M. said...

So glad you could be inspired by my cards! This is a fantastic card! The papers are so summery! Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl!

Tracy said...

Awww your card is so adorable. Love that image and awesome colouring.

Unknown said...

SO CUTE! I love your take on the lift! The papers are fabulous! Thanks for being Odd!

Post a Comment