Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday

Happy Friday and Long Weekend to Everyone,

I am so happy that we have a long weekend.  We have a lot going on but it should be fun.  Saturday we need to get the back yard and house ready for our family cook out on Sunday.  All of hubby's family will be here and a ton of kids.  We are getting out the sprinklers and bounce house for the kids.  It should be fun! Then on Monday we just have a quiet family day. 

Yesterday I went to Archiver's and I have to say  I was a very good girl!!! They had the coupon of buy 3 cardstock and get 3 and I did that, and they had a coupon for 30% off one item.  For this item I got a 1 1/2 inch circle punch and that was it!!!!! I was so happy.

Later that day I made another layout from my July Burlap and Buttercups.  You have to pop on over there and check out this AMAZING KIT.  There is so much stuff-jillibean soup-my minds eye-echo park-jenni bowlin-doodlebug-ribbon and matching cardstock.  What a deal.  I will be showing my layouts next week.

As you know I am participating in the online Summer Card Camp.  The Tuesday's class topic was to make a card with a window. 

Here is my take.  I used a hero arts note card and stamped it with coordinating ink.  I then punched a circle on it.  I then punched a white circle of neenah cardstock and stamped it with memento ink.  I colored my peacock  with copics.  Next I used a small sheet of acetate and covered the back side of the front of the card.  This created the window.  On the acetate I then put some bling from hero arts.  As Jennifer said in the class "this creates a floating effect"  The gems look like they are "floating in air". Finally I stamped my greeting.  I love how it turned out.




Supplies
cardstock-neenah, hero arts
stamps-hero arts
ink-memento, hero arts
gems-hero arts

Well I hope everyone has a fantastic day.  I will actually be back tomorrow because I am behind in my class and I need to get caught up.  You know I hate being behind _heheheheheh-.  So have a great safe and happy 4th of July if you are taking the weekend off from the blog world.  See you later!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

ADORABLE card, Mary Pat! Really awesome idea to put the gems on the acetate window:) Happy, safe and blessed Fourth to you and your family!

Arlene said...

Very cute Mary! Love the floating effect. Can you believe I signed up for this class as well and have been so busy I haven't even opened the first email...that's sad. Your card is beautiful! :)

Arlene.

Blessed Ladybug said...

ver nicely done i love the colors andthe image....thanks for sharing.....

Jingle said...

This is super cute! I should have taken this class! Sometimes I wish I weren't so darned cheap! LOL!

Just Jaime said...

Have a great Fourth of July and fun with your class!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love your window card! I love that bird - I have him and have forgotten about him until I saw your card. This is so sweet. Love the background. Such a great use of the colors this week. Thank you for the inspiration - think I will pull that little birdy out again :-)

Anonymous said...

Love that card, Mary Pat! So clever, and the colors of the peacock are perfect. I may have to invest in some Copic markers one of these days!

Becky said...

Beautiful coloring! That peacock is amazing! Have a wonderful holiday!

Unknown said...

Really love this, it caught my eye from the gallery and I just had to tell you how much I like it

Sue Althouse said...

I need to check out that July kit. Love your card. I made one with a circle window too, just no time to post it! Such a great card class!

Mary Jo said...

Cute card, Mary Pat!
You really did a good job at Archiver's!
I was the same the other day.
Left the LSS with only some cardstock :)

Steph said...

Very pretty! I would love to visit an Archivers they sound amazing.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Love the bird in the window! Great job!

Gaby said...

Que tarjeta mas linda!!!
Hola! Si,vivo en Madrid desde hace 1 año y tambien me encanta.
Un abrazo!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm headed to Archivers (LOL that store!) tomorrow with the same coupons, and only hope I can be as self-controlled as you were! LOL

Anonymous said...

Make that "LOVE" that store, not "LOL" that store!! :) :) Must be time for the weekend ... I can't think straight anymore!

Tracy said...

Being behind is my second name, as much as I hate it.
Such a nice card. Love the colours and the fun bird.

Post a Comment