Friday, July 22, 2011

July's Imaginisce Challenge

Hello and Welcome to Siehled With A Kiss,
Can you believe that it has been one year of me entering the Imaginisce challenges?  I look forward to them every month.  I love their products and always have so much fun creating a new layout  or card.  (I do think it is about time I win though-hehehehehehehhehe--just kidding--well maybe just a little.)

Well this month the challenge was to create a layout using this amazing sketch by Aphra Boyler.



and to add a little bit of fun we decided to challenge you all to using a monochromatic colour scheme.

O.K. I have to tell you the truth I had a hard time with this one.  For me it was the monochromatic that got me.  I went through all my papers and finally picked the Animal Crackers line.


I knew I had the perfect pictures for this layout with the popcorn and family movie night.  I really liked how it turned out.

Supplies
cardstock- bo bunny
paper-chipboard-embellishments- imaginisce

What is everyone doing for the weekend?  I have a sketch layout class that I am teaching.  I will post pictures tomorrow for it.  I used Echo Park.  Then we don't have anything else --hip hip hooray!  I want to relax a bit this weekend

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back on Monday.  See you then!
mp

19 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

Love this layout. Looks fab.

Unknown said...

Oh what a great layout! A year??!! That is a long time!

Becky said...

Oh I have issues with monochromatic too! You should totally win, btw!
I'm glad you are taking a month off. It will be a much deserved break! Abie starts school on August 17th, right around the corner!

And I want those ice cream cones too, and tag its 6. I have a thing for school stamps :)

Enjoy your weekend, hope you get to relax after class!

Jingle said...

This is such a cute page!

Gaby said...

wow,love this LO

Sara said...

What an adorable page! I love all those tickets!

Pam W Merwin said...

Looks great! I do love the colors!

Tammy said...

I think this turned out great! Love the photos and they are perfect for that paper! Have a fun class, can't wait to see your project! :)

Steph said...

Love this layout! Have fun with your class.

Unknown said...

Super cute layout!!!

Anonymous said...

Great layout! I especially like the strip of tickets at the bottom.

Nothing exciting going on Saturday so maybe I'll actually motivate myself to scrap. hahaha. Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout! I love the tickets!!

Handmade Hannah said...

Great layout - that sketch looks like a good one to try out. I love the papers you have used and the tickets too :)

JennyLilac said...

I love your use of negative space on this page - it looks great!

Tracy said...

Your layout is so cute. Love the tickets at the bottom. Great photo's of your boys.

I can not believe you don't win every month, your work is stunning.

This weekend we are staying home, no camp as there are fires and the smoke is bad up there. so planning on cleaning the scrap/craft room and finding somewhere to put my new supplies ;)

Unknown said...

This is such a wonderful LO. Those pics are perfect for the LO.

DistinctiveLMNts said...

What? You haven't won, are they blind? I love this LO, your subjects alone should help you win!

Maria said...

What an adorable page!
Hugs

Maria

Annette Allen said...

awesome layout...

Post a Comment