Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Card Camp Wednesday



Hey there,
Just making a really quick post today with my Summer Camp Card.  Here is the color palette for the this week.

Here is my take on the colors--aren't they yummy!

I was a bit bummed how greeting came out--It was my fault but the boys were running and I looked up and lost my concentration and I pressed too hard on the right side and Note is darker--oh well.  That stuff happens and I still like it--just bothers me a bit.

supplies
cardstock-kraft
cardstock-bazzill
misc- gel pen, embossing powder
stamps- hero arts
ink- versamark, hero arts

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to write such wonderful comments.  Wow! you all make my day!!! 

See you all tomorrow!
mp


15 comments:

-Susan- said...

Wonderful card for week 4 of Summer Card Camp! Thanks for sharing.

Jingle said...

Okay, so I totally love this one! LOVE. It. If the sentiment is really bothering you, cut a small piece of the kraft paper you used for your base, restamp the sentiment and round the corners and then pop it up over the one that is already there. It will just look like you wanted to add some dimension to it! :-)

Christina said...

Loving all of this card inspiration! I need to reload my card supply and your blog is giving me some great ideas!!

Unknown said...

Cute card and no worries about the sentiment, Mary Pat. I have a stamp where "note" is bigger and darker...not sure if it's a typo or what but I use it a lot! And yours looks great-it doesn't take away from the card at all!

Steph said...

Adorable card. Love the faux stitching.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card. I didn't even notice the issue with the stamp until you pointed it out! It's still fantastic. I LOVE the colors and the hearts. Fun! :)

Just Jaime said...

Cute! Love the stitching! I'm coming to your blog next time I need card inspiration (which is every time I make a card!)

Katie said...

I love the stitching and the hearts, especially the green one! The "note" issue isn't noticeable at all, I didn't see it until you pointed it out. I'm sure who ever receives the card will love it!

ScrappnBee said...

It turned out fine! That's how you know that it is home made! LOL!

Donna Q said...

Love your card...thx for sharing it!

Becky said...

LOVE these colors! Very fun for summer, especially against that kraft background! Great faux stitching too!

Mary Jo said...

Love, love it! Those stamped hearts are perfection :)

Handmade Hannah said...

Love the group of 3 hearts. That over stamping happens to me all the time!

Tracy said...

Oh this is a cute one. Love the slightly different heart in the middle.
As for the sentiment, if it really bothers you, you could restamp it on the same kraft paper and pop it up with foam tape for dimension. That way it looks like you did it on purpose ;)

Gaby said...

so pretty! really like it

Post a Comment