Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday Card

hey everyone,

Tuesday's video showed the technique of emboss resist.  I have taken many of Jennifer's classes and did this technique and always loved it; however, the embossing part was done for us.  Well, I realized that I am NOT a good embosser.  I had lots and lots of problems but I did my best with the challenge.


Here is my take on the embossed resist technique.


As you can see I am not Jennifer Mcguire, but I tried it all on my own and I think the results are decent.  Not perfect, but not horrible either. 

supplies
paper- hero arts, watercolor paper
stamps-hero arts, paper trey ink
ink- tim holtz, hero arts
twine- paper trey ink
button-paper trey ink

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  Thanks for stopping by!



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute card, Mary Pat! We know we are not Jennifer M., but she does teach well, just look at your card!!

Becky said...

Oh Mary Pat, there is only ONE Jennifer! Ha! This card turned out super cute! I love it :) I've never worked with watercolor paper before and embossing is hard to get the hang of, I think. My paper always bends so much on me.

Jingle said...

Very cute card!

Handmade Hannah said...

Great card - really interesting techniques and you have done a really good job creating this 'difficult' card. I say difficult as I have yet to get the hang of really lovely embossing!

Steph said...

I think your card turned out great!

Arlene said...

I think it turned out beautiful! That's the charm to home made cards! Love it. :)

Arlene.

Just Jaime said...

Love the stamping

Gaby said...

Those colors are perfect or your card!

Pam said...

Awesome job! You get an A+! :-)

Tracy said...

Nicely done. Love the bright colours. very pretty.
Love the way you did the double bakers twine

Sue Althouse said...

I think it's a fun look, and you are braver than I, who did not even attempt it! :)

Post a Comment