Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday Smooches

Happy Wednesday!

The week is NOT moving fast enough for me this week.  How about you?  Have you been getting crafty this week?  So far I have been and I am loving it.  I am working on some of my last projects for Cord Scrapbook Studio.  I am sad to see my DT term come to an end with Cord.  I have had such a good time. I also have been able to get in some card making time in.  I am really having a ball with my cards lately.

I was first introduced to Paper Smooches stamps by Jennifer Mcguire.  I was taking one of her classes and we were talking on a break about how much she loved these new stamps.  So I immediately went home to check them out.  Then a couple of months ago Cord Scrapbook Studio had me do a card set using their stamps and I instantly fell in love with them.  Paper Smooches also has a challenge blog called Sparks and it is so fun.  I have wanted to play along with them for the last month so I finally just jumped in.  This week's challenge is a color challenge.  To see all the details you can go here to see. 
Here is the color palette.  I just really loved the these colors!

My take on the color challenge.  For this card I got to play with a bunch of things!  I used some Basic Grey paper from the Picadilly collection and then layered it.  I used my Paper Trey Ink stamp for the background along with some Jenni Bowlin ink.  I then wrapped some yummy string from The Stringery around in the green and white.  I then used one of their free digi stamps for the image.  I just LOVE that little cupcake.  I colored it using my Spectrum Noir pens.  (I just bought them and I am really loving them!  I will give a review later on!)  I then stamped my sentiment using my Paper Smooches sentiment collection.  I really love how it turned out!
supplies
paper- basic grey
cardstock- neenah solar white
marker- spectrum noir
stamps- paper smooches, paper trey ink
ink- jenni bowlin, hero arts
twine- the stringery

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

27 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

I LOVE Paper Smooches!! The owner is so talented :) Great card - makes me hungry for cupcakes! Heehee!!

gale said...

This is cute. I love simple cards like this and may just case this one. I have way too many cupcake stamps.

Connie Mercer said...

another cute one!!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is super sweet, Mary Pat!

Heidi said...

Such fun colors!! I would love to get this card!

Tammy said...

Super cute! Love that cupcake! It's mid week now -- hope the rest of the week flies by for you. :)

~Tammy~ said...

Total cuteness! I love their stamps! I don't have this set! Now you are enabling me! HMMM Have a great Wednesday! You put a smile on my face!

Katherine said...

Great take on the challenge and I love the card - it's fab :)

Sue Althouse said...

Very cute - love that little cupcake!

Mary Jo said...

Such a cute, cute card!
And you used the color palette so well!

Madeline said...

What a cute card! Love it!

Melissa said...

Such a fun card, that stamp is adorable! I love the texture that the twine adds. Great job!

Becky said...

Super cute card! I don't own any of these stamps, but it's only because I can't decide which ones to get!!

Barbara said...

This week is moving slowly for me too. I haven't had any crafty time though and won't for at least three weeks. I'm itching to get back to it.

Your card is so cute. I love that stamp.

Tanya Ham said...

So, So, So CUTE!!! I only have one set of Paper Smooches stamps, and about 20 on my phone's Wish List!!! I just love how adorable they are and they are great quality! Awesome job!!! :)

Annette Allen said...

aww how totally cute...love it

Katie said...

This is so cute! The cupcakes stamp is adorable, and I love how you used the twine.

This week is going by way too slowly. I thought it was Thursday for most of the morning!

Fleursbydesign said...

Cute card, love the little cupcake :)

Danielle said...

I agree, Mary Pat. This week is moving entirely too slow. I haven't been doing much scrapping due to a kitchen remodel, but you sure have. Your cards have been awesome!

Tracey McNeely said...

Yummy, great card.

laura said...

Very cute cupcake cards

Cathy said...

super cute!

Izzy Anderson said...

This turned out great. Love those stamps too!

Tracy said...

Sweet card Mary Pat :)
I have heard really good reviews on these markers....no I don't need them, no I don't need them, lol.

Norma G. said...

great card!

Glenda J said...

Super cute! Love this CAS card. Great use of the colours. Thanks for playing with the Sparks challenge.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! This is perfect! LOOOOOOOOVE the pop of color on the white base! FAB use of these colors:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

Post a Comment