Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday October Imaginisce Challenge


Happy Monday!
Did you have a great weekend?  We sure did but boy, were we busy!  Errands, grocery store, Lacrosse game, King's Island amusement park, baking muffins, baking cookies, cooking for the week ahead, tennis practice (Jack has started and I am a volunteer assistant coach) and finally getting things ready for the week ahead!  Wow, I can't even believe all the things we did.  Plus I got in a bit of scrappin' time and got in a layout and card!    Wow, I am tired!!

Imaginisce is having their monthly challenge and this month's challenge was a color challenge.  I am using up my stash of paper and I  had some of the Imaginisce paper I love Fall from last year.  So I knew I had to enter!   Here is the color palette.

Here is my take on the color challenge.  I really have been wanting to try new thing in my paper crafting.  Do you ever get restless?  I know I am , and I have been exploring some new techniques and styles, And I really love the results here.  I first misted my paper with some Mister Huey in some orange, brown, and teal colors.  I then dipped a cap into some ink and randomly placed some circles on my page to create my own background paper.  I then placed my paper down and then added that beautiful grosgrain striped ribbon from  The Stringery.  I then took my sewing machine and sewed 2 large circles to go with the theme of the circles.  I then added my photos and then it was time to embellish.  I added some buttons and leaf die cuts from the Imaginisce collection.  I tied some burlap twine from The Stringery in my buttons as well.  I added some die cut pumpkins and chipboard pumpkins.  Finally I added some of the new tags from Elle's Studio.  I stamped pumpkins using an older set from Ali Edwards on my tags.  I was really happy with the end result! It is a different look for me but I have to say I really had a great time creating this layout!  I think I like getting messy! LOL!!  
Supplies
cardstock- bazzill
paper die cuts, chipboard, stickers - Imaginisce
ribbon & twine- The Stringery
buttons- paper trey ink
ink- tim hottz distress ink
spray- Mister Huey
tags- Elle's Studio

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

28 comments:

gale said...

Beautiful layout. I love that color scheme-very fresh and fall-ish.

scrappymo! said...

A different look for you...and it looks good!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

You do "messy" beautifully, Mary Pat! This is my new favorite page of yours! :)

Tanya Ham said...

Love your take on those gorgeous colors!! :) Great job!!!

Johanna said...

I love your background! Beautiful page :)

Heidi said...

Love, love, love this!! So creative!

Madeline said...

Beautiful! Love the circles...they give motion to the page. Reminds me of a windy fall day, with all the leaves dropping!

Tammy said...

Awesome page! I love the paint in the background and the fun stitched circle. Looks fantastic! :)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, I love the circles, and the colors are perfect.

Jingle said...

The background on this is just awesome! Loving the circles! Such a great layout!

Cheryl Husmann said...

Colors are just wonderful and I do love the circle background you created!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous layout...

Mary Jo said...

What a great page!
I love the circles and misting!
I am thinking I need some teal mist now :)

Katie said...

This is such a great page! I love all of the fall embellishments and how you create a pattern on the paper! It looks great!

Our weekend wasn't busy at all - but I can totally relate on the tired issue!

Sylvia Blum said...

ohhh... this is beautiful! I like the circles and the buttons holding the leaves :)

~Tammy~ said...

This is really neat! I love how you used the colors! Such a gorgeous layout!

Erica said...

Love this! Isn't that ribbon awesome?

SandeeNC said...

Good thing you have all week to rest up for the next week end! lol Great LO, love your white space! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Connie Mercer said...

love this!!! perfect in every way!!!

Heidi said...

I just read you are part of the once upon a christmas team with LYB. Congrats!!

Monique Liedtke said...

So happy to be on the LYB team with you!!
and what a lovely layout you made! Love how you created the background and those photos are so fun!

laura said...

Fabulous layout. Love the colors. Congrats on your christmas team!

Dawn Gross said...

thumbs up!

Tracy said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with layout.
It turned out great :)

Norma G. said...

I love the way this layout turned out!

Aimee Kidd said...

Oh, this is a beautiful layout! Yes, you do messy beautifully!

Izzy Anderson said...

Paint and ink on a perfectly good page scare me! But you make it look so awesome that I might have to try!! Great work. Love how this turned out, MP!

Adora Concepcion said...

fabulous layout!!! thanks for playing with us at Imaginisce!

Post a Comment