Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wednesday Rockin'

Happy Wednesday!

I used to color all the time!  I have so many stamps and digi stamps and I used to love to sit and color, but somehow about 8 months ago I got away from coloring and I started making cards with more paper embellishments.  Well, I got out my pencils last week and I made a Halloween card.  I kind of have been kind of restless with my paper crafting and have been wanting to try new things and maybe revisit some old things so I went out surfing the blogs and found a really fun sketch challenge over at Some Odd Girl stamps.  the sketch was really great and I wanted to use my  cute Some Odd Girl digi stamps.  This stamp is just so perfect for boys!

Here is the sketch.

Here is my take on the sketch.



I have been using up my stash lately and so I continued with this promise and broke out some really old Basic Grey papers and followed the sketch.  The only thing I did different was add some burlap navy blue twine from the Stringery.  I also placed my sentiment more at the bottom.

supplies
paper- basic grey
digi stamp- some odd girl
 stamp- paper smooches
ink - hero arts, tim hotlz distress ink
pencils- prismacolors
gamsol
twine- The Stringery

Do you ever get in a rut with your paper crafting?  What do you do when this happens?

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I will be back tomorrow with another new project.  See you then. Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

25 comments:

Annette Allen said...

look how AWESOME...girl I am so proud of you...your coloring is awesome..great shading...Great take on the sketch..Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl...

Norma G. said...

Wow, your coloring looks awesome, love the card! I definitely get in a rut sometimes so I try to changes things up a bit. I think the best way to break a rut is by forcing yourself to create, before you know it those creative juices will be flowing again.

gale said...

So cute!! I love that image-it is adorable and your coloring looks great.

Heidi said...

Love this! That stamp is perfect, nice job on the coloring. Unfortunetly when I get in a rut I don't do anything.

Arlene said...

This card is brilliant Mary...it rocks! I can't color to save my life, you did an awesome job here.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is such a great boy card, Mary Pat! I love the colors and your coloring is awesome!

~Tammy~ said...

This is soooooooo adorable! I mean really!

Becky said...

I love the polka dots and plaid together, so fun! We must be on the same wavelength because I've been coloring recently too. There's something calming about it. Your card turned out just perfect, I love it!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

swooon.. LOVE how you colored up Kody! It's a perfect card for boys! PS. LOVE your blog name, how clever!! ;) Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl this month!! Good luck!

Diana Fisher said...

How fun!! Love the coloring on Kody. :)

Janet's Joy said...

Fun card and great colouring!

Murphy's Law said...

oooo that is SOOOO vibrant and fun!!! Love it the colors.

Sue Althouse said...

Cute card! Yes, I can get in a rut. For instance, my mists have been neglected lately. Need to get back to using them more.

Barbara said...

ah, that is so cute!

Tanya Ham said...

Sooooo cute!!! My nephews would love a card like this! :)

laura said...

You did a great job coloring him...it will definately be a hit

Mary Jo said...

That is absolutely adorable!!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh this is fantastic, I love that image and those patterned papers.

Christina said...

I love it-your coloring is great!! Such a fun card!

Katie said...

This is such a great card, your coloring is awesome!

Sometimes when I'm in a rut, I try to mix it like you did with the coloring. Or I walk away from my desk for a while, and then after my break, I'm excited to craft again!

Pam W Merwin said...

This is so adorable! I am loving the colors on her and the background paper and design are terrific!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Way to rock out the coloring :)

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I have to say "You Rock-ed" this card!

Tracy said...

Great card Mary Pat!!!
This is such an awesome "boy" card :)
I have yet to try my hand with the coloured pencils, but I see you are a master of them.

Faye said...

No, you rock! This card is awesome! Thanks for playing at Some Odd Birl this month. X

Post a Comment