Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Sunshine and Jillibean

Happy Monday!

How was you weekend?  Ours was fantastic!  How could it not be terrific with World Card Making Day 2012.  I really got in the spirit of things and got crazy with the mojo flowing on my cards.  So this week I am having a special week with all my cards.  I want to thank so many of you for all the positive comments that you left this weekend on my Card found Here.  Your comments really really meant a lot to me.  I have been wanting to try new things and get back into coloring and you guys just really made my day!  Thanks so much!!

Last Friday I was surprised when I went blog hopping in the morning and found my Birthday Card on Jillibean's blog. I was so honored that they wanted to highlight my card.  I used the new collection Grandma's Lima Bean Soup.  I used a Silhouette Jillibean Soup image and then made my own embellishment center by layering all the different papers.  I added a little butterfly and wrapped some twine from The Stringery.  I stamped my sentiment and attached it under the butterfly.  I also added some sewing on each of the rays and then added some buttons.
supplies
all paper- Jillibean Soup
buttons- paper trey ink
twine- the stringery
stamp- hero arts
ink- hero arts
Silhouette
Sewing machine

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will be back tomorrow with a new card!  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

19 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is totally fabulous...one of my favorites...

Heidi said...

Such a happy card. Love the color combo.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love this, Mary Pat! The rays and layered scalloped circles look awesome!

Cheryl Husmann said...

Oh! Really like all the layers on this card!

Janet's Joy said...

Congrats on being featured Mary Pat!

Katherine said...

I love a starburst - I can see why they picked you it is fantastic :)

Mary Jo said...

What a great card!
Love the sunburst effect.
I can never get it to measure up right when I try that but yours looks perfect!

Aimee Kidd said...

Congrats on your card being highlighted! It's a fabulous card!! I will try this one day! ;)

Sorry I haven't been leaving you comments on your creatively beautiful projects....trying to get back into my groove!

Becky said...

Congrats on the feature! Can't wait to see all your cards!

Sylvie said...

Congrats on being highlighted! It's a great card and I love the starburst!

Angela said...

Cute card, great use of layers!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Congrats on the spotlight.

SandeeNC said...

Glad you had a fun week end, and I bet it was a treat to find your card had been highlighted! Awesome! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

laura said...

Congrats on being highlighted! Love your card, "rays" really make it standout.

Norma G. said...

Beautiful colors and patterns on this card, congrats on being featured!!

Tracy said...

This is such a fun card.
So many layers and so impressed with all your sewing on this card :)

gale said...

This is a cute card. I can see why they featured it!

Katie said...

Wow! All of the sewing on this card is awesome! Great job!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous combination of patterns and colors!

Post a Comment