Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Spring Wreath

Happy Tuesday!

How is your week going?  So far so good here but I have been struggling with either a cold or allergies- I am not quite sure.  Whatever it is it sure is kicking my butt! 

As I mentioned yesterday one of my assignments from Cord Scrapbook Studio was to create using the Bo Bunny Ambrosia line.  Yesterday I shared the layout and today I want to share my home decor piece.  For this Spring wreath I used my Silhouette to create all the layered flowers.  I cute out 74 flowers in different pattern papers. Here are directions to create this beautiful wreath.


Instructions:
  1.  Start with a 12 inch base- I used the base from Michael's.
  2. Cut flowers out of 3 coordinating pattern sheets of paper.  I used a 2.5 inch 3 layer flower from my Silhouette.
  3. Cut 1-12 leaves.
  4. Arrange on the base alternating patter paper and color. 
  5. Tuck the leaves randomly around the wreath.
  6. Use any fake flowers that are seasonal and glue on. 
  7. Cut a coordinating element.  I used a 5.5 inch butterfly from coordinating cardstock.  I also cut a second image out of thick cardstock to give the butterfly a little substance and glue on top of the flowers. 
  8. You can make this for any season.  It is so fun to make!


supplies
paper-bo bunny ambrosia
floral wreath base, flowers- michaels
cardstock- bazzill
buttons- paper trey ink

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a Wednesday card.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp

21 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

Your wreath is so pretty and fresh looking! Love it!

Michelle said...

Very nice! I love all of the colorful flowers. You are very talented.

phamil said...

Beautiful and happy wreath! Love the colors!

Melissa said...

Beautiful! The button centers are the perfect touch.

Just Jaime said...

Fun wreath! I love the flowers! I have allergies right now too. They've been going on forever it seems!

Jingle said...

This is so cute!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Look how fresh and pretty this is! Love the colors and layering with the button centers. Great work with the Bo Bunny, Mary Pat!

Penny said...

I love this and it's perfect for spring! Great job! Love Penny

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Pretty! I love those leaves - so nice that they are varied and not all the same. Looks like a great project for one of my 6x6 pads.

Connie Mercer said...

adorable Mary pat!!!! Fabulous look~

Becky said...

So pretty! Love this!!

Tammy said...

That is such a pretty wreath! I love it. It must have taken awhile to cut that many flowers, but it's so worth it. It turned out great! Feel better soon! :)

Norma G. said...

So sweet! Hope you feel better soon :D

Pam W Merwin said...

Love the wreath - great papers :) Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Katie said...

I love this wreath! It is perfect for spring and summer. I just got a gift card to Michaels, I'm going to get a wreath and try this!

I hope you feel better soon :)

Amy said...

Love the wreath, so fun!

Anonymous said...

that is SO fabulous!

Tracy said...

Your wreath is gorgeous. I love the flowers and the pretty Spring colours.
Sorry you are feeling under the weather, I am right there with you :(

Izzy Anderson said...

This is stunning. Perfect for Spring. Just love it. The colors are so pleasing.

Dana Tatar said...

So pretty! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Jaclyn Rench said...

This is beautiful! I love how you cut and layered all of the flowers, and tied them all together with matching button centers. This is sure to be a nice warm welcome to your front door. :)

Post a Comment