Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday Debut!

Happy Thursday!

I know I mentioned awhile back that I was asked by Nikki Sivils to be a guest Design Team member for the month of May.  Of course, I screamed YES!!!! I love her paper collections!  They are always such fun.  Her lines that came out at CHA Winter 2012 where awesome and the idea that I got to play with two of them just about drove me crazy with happiness!

So anyhoo- it is May and I can finally get to  show off my designs to you.  It has been hard since I created all my projects 2 months ago.  I have been dying to show you.  So today I want to share my Home Decor Piece that I created.  I used the Messages collection for my  message board.  I took an old 8x10 picture frame and turned it into a dry erase message board.  I decorated the 8x10 insert with various papers and embellishments and then put the glass back on.  Did you know that the glass acts like a dry erase board?  I love that.  The board started out to be a board to write our schedule down on the weekends but it has evolved into something else.  I use it daily to write a personal message to my kids.  I set it on the kitchen table every morning.  I leave for work before 6:00 am every morning and I never get to see them.  My youngest son was having a hard time awhile back because he didn't see me so I came up with this idea to use the board to "talk" to the kids.  The boys LOVE! this.  Jack is learning to read and so every morning he reads the message to Michael.  It has really helped!! So it is a permanent fixture in our kitchen.  I just love it!




Supplies
old picture frame
Everything else is Nikki Sivils, scrapbooker

Now here is the awesome news.  My post and all my projects ( yes there are 7 projects-- I got a little carried away but I loved the paper and couldn't stop- I had so many ideas! LOL!!) are on the Nikki Sivils blog they are giving ONE person who leaves a comment their choice of paper collections!  Now how awesome is that.  So go HERE and leave a comment saying which one is your favorite and you could win!!  I would love to see one my blog followers win!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I truly appreciate all your kind words.  Every day your kind words just amaze me!! Thanks soooo much!  I will be back tomorrow with a new project!  See you then!
Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp

21 comments:

Sharla said...

This is so awesome, and congrats on the guest DT!!!

Hanna-Marie said...

what at cool idea! its awesome!

Dena said...

What a fantastic idea! LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your guest designer spot this month!

Aloha,
Dena Jones
missdjones.blogspot.com

Connie Mercer said...

I have made these too and they are so fun and a great gift. Yours looks so cool!! Love Nikki stuff!!!!:):);)Congrats on your GDT spot!!!

Johanna said...

This is such a clever idea, I have to try it out some time!! But home decor pieces do scare me out!

Unknown said...

How cute and clever!! Congrats on your new gig!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Very creative project, Mary Pat! We could use something like this in our house. :)

Izzy Anderson said...

This is such a fun project. You did a terrific job with this. Cute and practical too. Congrats on the gig. That's wonderful news!

Becky said...

I love this idea! I saw one of these yesterday only it was a menu board and totally want to make one!

Janet's Joy said...

I just love this idea!! I can just imagine your boys reading each morning...so sweet!

Jingle said...

I love this project! I saw your debut, and it was FABULOUS! :-)

Tracey McNeely said...

What a great project Mary Pat, and so useful.

Anonymous said...

that is so fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

Too cute! Love this project!

Margie Higuchi said...

Again, congrats on the GDT!
This project is so clever - love it :)
Thanks for another wonderful inspiration, Mary Pat!

Arlene said...

Such a brilliant project! Congrats on your Designer spot this month...that's awesome!

Erica said...

This is such a great idea. I've seen a few of these around and I need to make one!

Sue Althouse said...

That is awesome! We've been featuring her products over at Sketch Support all month. I worked with the Messages collection - what fun!

Tracy said...

This turned out great.
I love that you communicate with your boys this way.
So sweet.

Norma G. said...

This is such a great idea, I never thought about using a frame as a message board :D

Katie said...

Congratulations on your design spot! That is so cool!

This is such an awesome idea. I didn't know that the glass could be a dry erase board, but I definitely need to try this out!

Post a Comment