Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Negative Space Wednesday

Happy Wednesday,

How is your week going?  So far so good here!  I received my kits from Cord Scrapbook Studio yesterday and can I tell you I am soooo excited about this month's work.  I love this hobby so much.  Just the site of all new  paper and embellishments really gets my mojo flowing!! I can't wait to dive in.  Today I am going to be working on my sketches to get them ready to scrap this weekend!! I can't wait.  I will give you a little hint of what I have to work with this month:  Little Yellow Bicycle, Studio Calico, and Authentique! So excited!

On to today's project- Over  at Practical Scrappers  the topic for today is how do you use Negative Space.  I have to say I am totally addicted right now to this  technique!  The Silhouette makes this technique so easy.  For this layout I usually start with a cardstock background but this time I wanted the pattern paper to be the background and I wanted it to peek through the cardstock.  So for this layout I used my Cameo and plotted out my cardstock on the screen.  I used a 10x10 inch base and then plotted out where I wanted to cut out the stars.   For some of the stars I even created an outline so that I could put a white outline on it to draw more attention to the negative space.  I then added my title and photos and I was done.  The negative space makes the perfect embellishment!  Have you tried this technique in your scrapbooking or cardmaking projects?  If you need more inspiration head on over to Practical Scrappers today and check out the amazing work from the other Design Team members.  The work is so amazing!

supplies
cardstock- bazzill
paper- doodlebug
die cuts- doodlebug
tools- sewing machine, silhouette

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another new project.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp

23 comments:

Penny said...

Great layout! I love that title and the photo's too cute! Love Penny

Amy said...

Can't wait to see what you make with that fun kit. Love the stripes on this layout!

Arlene said...

Mary, this is an absolutely gorgeous layout. It's simple yet bold and the photos are just adorable. :)

Madeline said...

Gorgeous page! Great design!

Jingle said...

Very nice page! The stars look great!

KimberlyMarie said...

Adorable LO and I love how you used the negative space!

Tanya Ham said...

Oh, I love this!!! :) Awesome job!! I soooo need to get more of the Boys Only collection! :)

Janet's Joy said...

Great technique and layout!

Danielle said...

Oh Mary Pat, I love what you did with the stars. And the white borders on them are great!

Tammy said...

Awesome! Love the stripes behind the stars. I love this technique too and am reminded I haven't done it in a long time. Putting it on the list of things to do when I'm unpacked. :)

Pam W. said...

OMG...adorable layout!

Norma G. said...

So cute! I don't like to waste anything so I always use my negative space :D

Tracey McNeely said...

Love love love this layout Mary Pat. The patterned paper is awesome.

Annette Allen said...

so adorable....great choice in DP

Erica said...

Fun layout! Stars and dinos - perfect boy page!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

great use of negative space, mary pat! i especially like how you outlined the stars!

Anonymous said...

very cute!!!!

Becky said...

I love the banners in the middle of the page!

Tracy said...

Another great layout.
I like how the pattern paper peeks out from those stars.

Cathy said...

this is so dang cute...my silhouette just arrived today..can't wait to play! I might need help so be prepared for lots of questions...lol!

Katie said...

I love how you used the negative space here! And the patterns are great!

Aimee Kidd said...

I know what you mean about this technique!! I too am loving it after making my baby card and then a layout I did with a B & B kit!

Great layout! I love the stars!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love the banners!

Post a Comment