Sunday, July 29, 2012

Social [Media] Butterflies Blog Hop



Happy Sunday,
I am popping in today to take part in a fun blog hop today with a fun bunch of girls from Social [Media] Butterflies.  I know Shay, the creator of this wonderful group, from our local scrapbook store and she invited me to join the group this month.  It really is a fun time.  The purpose of this group is really to spread inspiration.

This months theme was to pick something that inspired us from all the sneak peeks from CHA Summer and make a project that was inspired for the sneak peek.  This was sooo easy for me because there were so many wonderful   new products to choose from.  I had 2 really fun embellishments that I fell in love with and they were both from Studio Calico.

The first one are the new poloraid film die cuts.
Die Cut Polaroid Frames - Studio Calico
Aren' t these just awesome?  I just love them!!  I love the words or images in them.

The second are the new wood veneer word bubbles.
SC Wood Veneer- Speech Bubbles
Oh I just love these.

So for my layout I decided to make my own versions of these new products using my Silhouette and I have to say I love how they turned out!

I am NOT very techy but it really was easy to create these poloraid film die cuts.  I was very pleased with my self.  To add to them I colored the love and hear with some copic markers to match the paper.  I also had some paper that had a wood grain feel to it and I added some words to my speech bubble images.  Very easy peasy!    I did add some real wood veneer shapes just for fun as well.

supplies
paper- authentique
stickers - authentique
alphabet- lily bee
wood veneer- studio calico
stamp- hero arts
ink- hero arts, tim holtz distress inks
mist- mister huey
flair- a flair for buttons
markers- copic
tools- sewing machine, Silhouette

Now we would love for you to hop along with us here.  You can even win some prizes!  Shay has 2 HUGE goodie bags from CHA and she is going to pick any TWO people who hop along with us.  There are many ways to enter:
1.  Leave a comment on any of the blogs along they way on the hop.
2.  get another chance by following any of our blogs- just tell us in the comment section
3. Sign up to follow any of our other social media (facebook, instagram, twitter etc) and come back and tell us.  For me -- I have my blog here and my facebook page Siehled With a Kiss

So here is the blog list- at any point you can go back to the starting point if you get lost.  Here is the list



Suz   http://livealifeextraordinary.blogspot.com/     SuzMannecke
Sabrina     http://vixendeity.com/     vixendeity
Erika     http://erikabardo.wordpress.com/     erikabardo

Angel     http://kindlelover.blogspot.com     akochmcelroy

Kristin     http://rukristin.blogspot.com/     rukristin

Margrethe     http://onelifedocumented.com/     margrethe_

Amanda     http://somethingsorta.blogspot.com/     mandadej

Shay     http://sbookinshay29.blogspot.com     sbookinshay29

Monica     http://monicalifeasme.blogspot.com/     MonicaB

Mary Pat     http://siehledwithakiss.blogspot.com/ You are here!

Melissa P    Go Here Next!

Trisha     trishacakes instagram, trishacakes24 on SC




The blog goes live on all the blogs at 2 p.m. EST! So have fun and get inspired by all these talented ladies! Good luck on winning the awesome goodie bags!!


Thanks for stopping by. I will be back tomorrow with a new project! See you then. Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp



27 comments:

Tanya Ham said...

Those poloroid frames were a favorite of mine, too! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great layout! Love how you created the faux veneer word bubbles! Great idea!

Miriam Prantner said...

I follow your blog

Miriam Prantner said...

And I follow you on FB

Janet's Joy said...

Your layout is great!! I love your favourite items.

Janet's Joy said...

Of course I follow your blog. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous page and those beach pictures are just so sweet. I love those frames, thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us this month Mary Pat! Love what you did, and you'll love those SC products even MORE in person, promise!

Amanda said...

Love your layout! the polaroids are definitely on trend right now :-)

Suz said...

I love those new wood veneers too! Won't be able to get enough of them! Great lo! TFS!

Patricia said...

Great layout Mary Pat! So many great details and loving your frames!

Patricia said...

I'm a follower!

SandeeNC said...

Well you know i am a follower of your blog, but I didn't know about your FB page so I popped over there and "liked" ya! Great work at remaking your version of the CHA goodies!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

beautiful LO! I just love the paint drops and the colors! Thanks so much!
Lisa

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I am a follower of your blog already yay!
Lisa

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I'm not following you on FB woo hoo!!! My name over there is Lisa Bankes-Lahiff, thank you again!
Lisa

Oregon Crafter said...

I love the frames!

Oregon Crafter said...

I'm a new follower

Oregon Crafter said...

I "Liked" your facebook page

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I LOVE the polaroids! Great job!

Lisa

Tracy said...

Beautiful layout Mary Pat.
Love your Polaroid cut outs :)

Becky said...

How fun! I love the Polaroid look too.

KindleLover said...

One of my favorite things to do is to "counterfeit" my own versions of things I like. Your versions are great!

Anonymous said...

this is so beautiful!

Margie Higuchi said...

Love how you used the frame and talk bubble in your page! SO FUN~!

Paula Nienhueser said...

Haven't seen the frames yet so this was fun! The old school brass stencils are cool.

jojobeth1 said...

Is it too late to enter? I did all of the things you listed!

Post a Comment