Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thursday Sparks Challenge 1/12

Happy Thursday
This week over at the Sparks blog the weekly challenge is a photo inspiration.


You know I totally lOVE these types of challenges and I just totally love the colors in this-what a great combo- yellow, white, black and grey!!!


So I broke into my Core'dinations card stock and found some yummy bright and cheery yellow and tore it to expose the core.  Next, I found an awesome Core Amour that had the grey and black combo.  I tore the bottom and then lightly sanded  the paper to expose the embossing.  I then stamped my image on the Core 110 lb smooth cardstock and colored the cute little bee with my spectrum noir markers.  For my Speech bubble I heat embossed the sentiment.  Too cute!


supplies
cardstock- core'dinations
markers- spectrum noir
stamps- paper smooches
embossing powder wow


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with  a new layout featuring Echo Park.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day.
mp

23 comments:

Bonjourscrap said...

Nice card. I like the color combo too.

Anonymous said...

Love what you were inspired to create, super cute card!

Annette Allen said...

heehee this is too cute

Becky said...

What a great inspiration pic and I love your card!!

Becky said...

What a great inspiration pic and I love your card!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I love how you interpreted the inspiration piece, Mary Pat! This is adorable! Love the texture from the embossed cardstock and torn edges.

LisaDV said...

Such a happy card bound to make someone's day brighter.

Connie Mercer said...

you nailed it~those colors are beautiful together. Nice~

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness I love that fish and the cake is awesome!

msmith434343 said...

Love the color combo! Cute job!

Tanya Ham said...

My FAVORITE colors right now!! :) Adorable card, love the torn edges!

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable!!!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your card is sooo CUTE and your take on the Picture is so fun and cool - love it! Thanks for playing with us at SPARKS, hugs, Karin

Janet's Joy said...

Adorable card!!

Katie said...

So cute! I really like how you ripped the papers too!

Cathy Weber said...

This is an adorable card...such a cute little bee and sweet sentiment. (You should enter this in this week's Fusion Card challenge...it's perfect for it!)

Maria said...

Precioso! A mi me da un poco de miedo usar el amarillo, pero a ti te ha quedado genial!
Hugs,

Maria

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous colors and adorable.

Larissa Heskett said...

Wow!! I LOVE your FUN design!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

~Tammy~ said...

Too cute!

Tracy said...

Your card is adorable.
That little bee is just so cute.
I so want to eat all that icing off of that cake, lol. This Clean eating is not for me ;)

Mary Jo said...

I always love seeing how you interpret challenges!
You do it in such a creative way.
This is an adorable card!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! How cute is that little bee?!?! LOVE! And I LOVE your blackboard speech bubble! THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge- hope you play along this week (Anything Goes)!!!

Post a Comment