Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday BIC46 & Retro Sketches 99

Happy Monday!
Is it cold enough for anyone?  I don't know about you but I am soo tired of this cold and winter! The only good thing coming out of this is that I seem to get a lot of crafting done!

I looked over the challenge blogs and decided to enter the BIC46 challenge and the Retro Sketches challenge this week. 

So first up the BIC45 photo challenge
From this I got the obvious idea of the coffee cup and the colors of yellow and blue!

I then found the Retro Sketches 99 sketch for my design.
Here is what I came up with!

The mug has a chevron and dot design and I just so happened to have an embossing folder with that exact design and embossed the white background.  I then stamped my sentiment and added some brown pearls.  Finally I colored my mug with my spectrum noir markers. 

Now, I do have to say, I am not happy with the way this turned out.  I like it but I am not in love with it.  Does this ever happen to you?  I did not have time to play around with it so I just kept it.  What do you do when you don't LOVE a project? 

supplies
paper- studio calico
cardstock- core'dinaations
stamps- the alley way stamps
ink- memento, jenni bowlin
pearls- recollections
spectrum noir

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with the new digi release from SOG.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

18 comments:

Tanya Ham said...

I think it's pretty cute! I know what you mean though, sometimes you just don't *feel* the project. It's pretty adorable! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is an adorable card, Mary Pat! I totally understand about not loving a project. I've had plenty myself. I try to just move on. Later on, if an idea comes to me, I fiddle with it. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I think it is a cute card, Mary Pat! I do know how you feel, but thankfully I have time to let projects sit for as long as needed until I can figure out what it is that isn't working for me.

Tracey McNeely said...

Mary Pat I love your take on the sketch! The coffee cups is still on my wish list!

Madeline said...

Cute! Love the coffee bean!

Mary Jo said...

It's cute! But I definitely know how you feel! I have had so many that were just ok in my eyes!

craftykellyj said...

I think the card is cute! I also have this happen to me also. I also leave it alone for a while and decide later if I want to alter it...or hide it! (hehe). I find that when I'm rushing or not motivated is when these cards come out like that most.

Unknown said...

I adore your take on this sketch!

Connie Mercer said...

love your take and the coffee stain stamp:) super cute!!

Katie said...

I think its a cute card! I like the coffee ring on it.

Sometimes I just leave a project that I like and don't love. After a while, I'll either try to figure out what I don't like and fix it, or sometimes it just grows on me and I end up really liking it.

Other times I really really don't like it, so I rip the whole thing apart and start over!

Tammy said...

Adorable card! Love the circle cut out for the mug. Hope it warms up for you guys!

Angela said...

Cute! Love the coffee ring.

Maria said...

P-r-e-c-i-o-s-o!!!!!!
Hugs,

Maria

Becky said...

I love that coffee ring!! I am the date way about projects some of the time and usually I come back and "fix" them. Lol!

Tracy said...

I think your card is cute :)
But I do know what you mean when you make something that you wish turned out differently.
I would give it to someone who you know just throws their cards out, then it still has a purpose.

gale said...

This is so cute! I think it turned out great.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

hehehe! love that sentiment! Fabulous and bright! Thanks for joining us at the TAWS BIC challenge!
Lisa

Anni said...

Love the clean and simple style! The embossed background is amazing and the sentiment is perfect!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Alley Way Be Inspired Challenge!
Annni

Post a Comment