Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday Spark Challenge 1/27

Happy Thursday

I am playing along with the Sparks Challenge this week.  This week there is really  fun sketch for inspiration. 
I followed the sketch to the letter with this one.  I loved the large circle.  

Jack has a birthday party this weekend so I knew I wanted to a birthday card and Jack said he wanted me to make a funny one.  Soooo I broke out my stamps and we looked them over and he liked the birthday fishes.  So now all I had to do was pick the paper for this little guppy!  I have a whole bag filled with scraps from a really old summer collection from Echo Park.  I think it is almost 3-4 years old now but I loved this collection and I saved all the scraps.  This is what I came up with.
I liked it and Jack thought it was awesome so he is already to go!  Just have to include the gift card and we are done!  I love it when we work together and this challenge worked out great!

supplies
cardstock- neenah solar white
paper- echo park
stamps- paper smooches -- Birthday Buddies ( i think this is one of my all time faves!!)
ink- memento, jenni bowlin
markers- spectrum noir
pearls- recollections

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new winter layout using some yummy Core'dinations.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

20 comments:

gale said...

this is adorable. I love that cute fishie..

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so adorable, Mary Pat and such a wonderful take on the sketch!

Leslie Germain said...

Adorable. Love the sentiment!!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet, great take on the sketch and that's so fun that the card was a team effort! :)

Jingle said...

I LOVE this! Super cute and great use of that sketch!

Madeline said...

So cute! Love the sentiment! I'm going to have to remember this one!

Unknown said...

Love the card, Mary Pat! Cute fish!!

Jen Schow said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Love the sentiment :)

Mary Jo said...

So, so cute!!

Katie said...

Aw this is so cute! Jack picked an adorable birthday fish!

msmith434343 said...

How cute!! It's bright and fun and that fishy is TOO cute!

Maria said...

Me gusta como usas el amarillo! Tus tarjetas son preciosas!!!!! (Yo hice mi primer tarjeta con ese color ayer y todavia no se si lo use correctamente).
Un gran cariño,

Maria

Tracey McNeely said...

Adorable card, I love the fishie!

Annette Allen said...

so totally cute.. always love those fun images from PS..
Thank you for your sweet comment you left on my blog about my house.. :)

Pam W. said...

Adorable!

Tracy said...

That is such a fun card the two of you came up with :)

Tanya Ham said...

CUTE!!!!! I love this card!!!!! :) :) :)

Katie Gehring said...

Too cute and what a great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

Izzy Anderson said...

Aw....darling!

Post a Comment