Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Pocket layout on Monday

Happy Tuesday,
I hope everyone had a wonderful and merry Christmas.  I know I did and I enjoyed spending some time with my family.  I was a busy girl yesterday because I took down all my decorations and scrubed the house clean.  I am so glad the house is back to normal.  You would never know that Christmas was just 2 days away. 

What do you do with all of your kid's art work and school papers?  I keep them all and then go through them all and keep just a couple per year, but these papers were adding up and I needed to put them someplace.  So I came up with making a pocket layout to keep Michael's preschool papers.

For this layout/pocket keeper, I used Nikki Sivils School is Cool line.  I LOVE this line.  It is just too cute and just perfect for this project.  For the left side I made just a normal layout with pictures that I had taken of Michael in his classroom. For the right side I made pocket with the paper and sewed around the edges to really hold the pocket.


Here is a look at the inside of the right side.  It has a nice opening and can store many papers.  I then embellished the pocket with the adorable die cuts and then I scanned his art work and made photos of them and added those as well.
Here is a look at the pocket with some of his art work so far from this school year.  I asked him to pick out his favorites and he picked these out.  On the back of each project I put the date on them.

I really LOVED how this turned out.  I am going to make another one for Jack and his kidergarten papers. 

Supplies
Everything is Nikki Sivils
misc.- sewing machine, ek success border punch

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I will be back tomorrow with a new card for Wednesday.  I will see you then.

Have a crafty day!
-mp

13 comments:

Pam said...

What adorable layouts! I am so far behind on my son's school album and haven't figured out how I was going to put his/my favorite work in there. This is perfect! Hopefully I can get caught up by the time he graduates! :-P

Connie Mercer said...

very cool and what an awesome idea!!!

Margie Higuchi said...

FAB page, Mary Pat!! I love the pocket - PERFECT to hold those memories :)

Johanna said...

This is such a great idea! I'm sure he'll be thrilled to look at them in a few years from now!

Becky said...

This is such a great idea! I love how this turned out and that he got to pick out his favorites too!

Tammy said...

This is such a cute page! Love the fun school photos and his cute projects. I used to do pocket pages all the time to hold trip memorabilia. I have not done one in a long time. You have inspired me!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fantastic idea and I love the papers you chose to do this.

SandeeNC said...

OMGosh, you've taken everything down already? Your just like my mom, she use to do the same thing...me? I leave mine up until New Years! lol Love the pocket layout...I use to scan the boys art work and use the pictures in my layout :)

Pamela said...

Great layout!! Love it! :)

byondbzr said...

Love the pocket idea!

Jingle said...

This is such a cute layout!

Tracy said...

This is an awesome idea!!!
I too wanted to take down the tree and put away all the decorations.
But my daughter didn't want me to (I don't decorate until 12 days before Christmas, so it hasn't been up all that long).

Katie said...

This is so adorable! What a great way to keep those special papers!

Post a Comment