Friday, December 16, 2011

You are my Lil' Monster featuring Nikki Sivils

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!
Oh my am i excited that it is Friday!  I am totally exhausted!  Any plans this weekend?  On Saturday I am teaching a sketch class and then on Sunday we have Christmas with my In Laws.  Busy Busy!!  but tonight I am hanging out with the girls and scrapping!  I am so excited for my monthly crop!  I have a couple projects I want to get started on!  I can't wait.

How to Make a Monster!
My Michael was having a grumpy day a couple of weeks ago at his Halloween Party and I had snapped a couple of pictures of him while he was having a little fit.  I knew I wanted to scrap them and then I just knew what paper collection to use.  The Lil' Monster collection from Nikki Sivils.  Have you seen this collection?  It is just so darn cute and it was just PERFECT for my layout!

For my layout You are my Lil' Monster:
1.  I spritzed my background paper with some Mister Huey spray.  I used Plumb Thumb and Heirloom.
2.  Next I cut my paper into strips to layer.  These strips will be used as my background for my photo.  I cut them in different lengths and strips.  
3.  Next I cut out my title from one of the sheets of paper and made that my base.  
4.  If you haven't seen Nikki's paper before she always included the cutest embellishments to cut out.  I just had to add the little monster.  I also cut out the arrow and the yellow tag.
5.  Next I started to build the layout.  I wanted my photo on the left in order to highlight the wonderful monsters on the right of the page.  Aren't they the cutest?
6.  I layered my strips and then added the title and photo. 
7.  I added my monster to the left of the photo.
8.  To some of the monsters I added little googly eyes.
9.  To create the recipe, I used the die cut file card and added my instructions:
Take 1 two year old with no nap.  Add over stimulation and lots of sugar.  Mix all together and you will get a Lil' Monster! 
10.  Finally I added some small strips of paper and layered them at the top and once again cut out a little monster image from the cut out sheet.  I also added some of the stickers around the layout. 

Supplies
paper, embellishments, stickers- Nikki Sivils
misc- Mister huey spray, googly eyes

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I will see you back here on Monday with a new project!  I hope everyone has a wonderful and crafty weekend!
-mp
-mp

9 comments:

Jingle said...

Awww! Very cute page and very cute photo, too!

Becky said...

That picture is the most adorable thing ever!!!! I love all the misting, so fun! Have a wonderful time tonight, and this weekend.

Mary Jo said...

Love the misting!
And oh what a cute photo :)

Maria said...

Very cute photo, and wonderful page!
Hugs,

Maria B.

Katie said...

What a cute page! Have a great weekend!

Tracy said...

Teehee, I chuckled at his grumpy little face ;)
Sweet layout, love that you document the everyday :)

Tammy said...

So cute! Gotta love the little attitude. I love the background misting. You are so right - the paper line is perfect for that photo! :)

SandeeNC said...

what a sweet and bright layout to frame that little grumpy face!! So cute!! ( btw blogger destroyed my blog, so don't be too surprised when you come to visit, I'm hoping they will realize their mistake and give me back my orginal blog :( )

Johanna said...

I love both the LO and the pic! I wish I managed to make such dots with my paint!

Post a Comment