Oh my am i excited that it is Friday! I am totally exhausted! Any plans this weekend? On Saturday I am teaching a sketch class and then on Sunday we have Christmas with my In Laws. Busy Busy!! but tonight I am hanging out with the girls and scrapping! I am so excited for my monthly crop! I have a couple projects I want to get started on! I can't wait.
How to Make a Monster!
My Michael was having a grumpy day a couple of weeks ago at his Halloween Party and I had snapped a couple of pictures of him while he was having a little fit. I knew I wanted to scrap them and then I just knew what paper collection to use. The Lil' Monster collection from Nikki Sivils. Have you seen this collection? It is just so darn cute and it was just PERFECT for my layout!
For my layout You are my Lil' Monster:
1. I spritzed my background paper with some Mister Huey spray. I used Plumb Thumb and Heirloom.
2. Next I cut my paper into strips to layer. These strips will be used as my background for my photo. I cut them in different lengths and strips.
3. Next I cut out my title from one of the sheets of paper and made that my base.
4. If you haven't seen Nikki's paper before she always included the cutest embellishments to cut out. I just had to add the little monster. I also cut out the arrow and the yellow tag.
5. Next I started to build the layout. I wanted my photo on the left in order to highlight the wonderful monsters on the right of the page. Aren't they the cutest?
6. I layered my strips and then added the title and photo.
7. I added my monster to the left of the photo.
8. To some of the monsters I added little googly eyes.
9. To create the recipe, I used the die cut file card and added my instructions:
Take 1 two year old with no nap. Add over stimulation and lots of sugar. Mix all together and you will get a Lil' Monster!
10. Finally I added some small strips of paper and layered them at the top and once again cut out a little monster image from the cut out sheet. I also added some of the stickers around the layout.
paper, embellishments, stickers- Nikki Sivils
misc- Mister huey spray, googly eyes
Thanks so much for stopping by! I will see you back here on Monday with a new project! I hope everyone has a wonderful and crafty weekend!