Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Nikki Sivils Challenge on Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!
Only 12 more days till Christmas!! Are you ready?  I am almost ready.  Just a few more presents to wrap for hubby and my mom and then DONE!  I am getting so excited!  I just love Christmas.  I don't know about you but I love seeing the people I love unwrap their presents and see the joy and fun!  LOVE IT!

This past weekend I was able to get crafty and the first thing I wanted to do was enter the new Nikki Sivils monthly Challenge.  This month was AWESOME and it totally motivated me! 

The challenge:  Scrap those cell phone photos!!!!!

I don't know about you but I have a TON of cell phone photos and this challenge was calling my name.  I had this adorable photo of my Michael after a swim at the pool.  I have been wanting to scrap this for awhile now.  I knew immediately I was going to use the AMAZING  Summer Collection with a little bit of Beatrice thrown in!.  I love this collection and with all the beautiful colors.  Michael is wrapped in a pink towel so the paper was perfect. 

I created the background piece using my Silhouette.  I then stitched the two pieces together.  I then layered the paper. I also stitched each layer.  I just once I had the pieces all in place I misted the papers with some Studio Calico Mister Huey sprays.  I then added my photo and then the adorable embellishments.  For the little tag- I used a piece of the pattern papers and stamped the "you are perfect" using my jenni bowlin inks and ali edwards stamps.  I love that in Nikki's lines there are always THE cutest embellishments.  I cut out the rainbow from one of the pattern pieces and added some more clouds around it.  I have to say I am really happy with the way this came out. 

Supplies
paper and stickers- nikki sivils
dies-paper trey ink
stamps-ali edwards
ink-jenni bowlin
misc.- sewing machine, coluzzle

I hope you enjoyed today's project.  I will be back tomorrow with another project using Nikki's papers!  Thanks so much for stopping!

Have a crafty day!
-mp

15 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

so cute!!!! love the little corner pieces!!!

Jingle said...

Super cute layout!

Annette Allen said...

What a fun page layout...love that paper collection..

Sue Althouse said...

Wonderful layout! I am way behind you in my holiday preparations, but hope to catch up soon.

Katie said...

Great layout! I love how you stitched the two papers together!

Nikki said...

So sweet! I love the little tags hanging off the string! Thanks for playing along with us!

Maria said...

Super cute!
Hugs,

Maria

Becky said...

This is so cute! I love all of those little embellishments!

cardsister said...

I can understand why you couldn't wait to scrap this pic! He is adorable! The page is super cute-love that Nikki Sivils!

Amy said...

Lovely layout! I really like the stamping!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo cute cute cute! I loveeeeeeeeee the photo and the way you used the little tags! Thanks for playing along with us!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Pam W Merwin said...

What a cute pic and wonderful layout!!!!

Deana said...

Adorable page! Love the added bakers twine too!

Tracy said...

Another perfectly adorable layout :)
I am impressed with the quality of cell phone pictures.
I don't know how to take cell phone pictures.
After taking a few I couldn't find them again. Kristy asked me if I saved them.....I had to save them?!?!
I don't even try to anymore, lol.

Katrina Hunt said...

I am a sucker for banners!! Great page!!! Thanks for playing!

Post a Comment