Friday, December 23, 2011

A December Whimsie Doodles Challenge

Happy Friday Everyone!

2 more days till Christmas!  Is everyone ready?  I am and I can't wait.  This Christmas we are having a relatively small Christmas with the emphasis on family being together.  I love it!

As you know I found Whimsie Doodles Digi Stamps last month and fell in love with their adorable digi stamps.  I knew I wanted to play along with this month's challenge.  The challenge was to use this sketch and create a card using one of their stamps.  Here is the sketch.

Here is my take.

For this card I used their adorable smowman.  I colored part of him uisng my pencils and a bit of gamsol.  I then printed him out again on some October Afternoon paper and cut out the pieces for his hat and scarf.  I then added some buttons.  For the kraft background I heat embossed the snowflakes. The card itself is made from October Afternoon.  The light blue snowflake paper was just perfect for this card!    I LOVE how it turned out!

Supplies
paper- october afternoon
cardstock-neenah solar white
stamps- whimsie doodles, hero arts
ink- tim holtz distress ink
pencils- prsimacolors
buttons- basic grey
tools and misc.- sewing maching, fiskars border punch, gamsol, michael's embossing powder

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope everyone has a wonderful and crafty day! 
-mp

17 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Such an adorable card and I love OA papers - it's perfect with this design!! TFS :)

Annette Allen said...

aww I love love love this...I can see why you love this cute digi...Love your card design... Merry Christmas

Jingle said...

This is adorable!

April Michelle said...

sweet card!

Katie said...

What an adorable snowman! He goes perfectly with those papers!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Becky said...

This is so pretty and I love that snowman!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is so cute! Love how you colored the snowman and then printed him on pattern paper to cut out pieces

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice i love snowflake cards.. as i'm a native new york were we got ton of snow....love it...thanks for sharing

Tracy said...

Oh my Goodness this card is adorable.
Your colouring is perfection.
Love the kraft with the blue.

Katherine said...

Beautiful cards - and I wish you and your family a super Christmas.

whoistracy said...

This is so sweet! Love the stitching you added. Thanks so much for playing along with us on Whimsie Doodles!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What fabulous paper piecing and the kraft is the perfect background with the snow! Thanks for joining us for the Whimsie Doodles challenge this month!

Tan's Hobbies said...

What a lovely Card! The Snowman is so adorable =)

Min said...

What fabulous papers you used! Thanks so much for playin' along with us for the December Sketch Challenge at Whimsie Doodles
We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Adorable! Love the heat embossed snowflakes and how you paper-pieced the snowman image. Thanks for joining us for the Whimsie Doodles monthly challenge and good luck on the guest artist spot.

Marlene said...

Lovely! Love the papers and how you paper pieced the snowman! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsie Doodles! Good Luck on the guest artist spot!!

Marlene

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Mary Pat, you may want to check out this post: http://whimsiedoodles.blogspot.com/2012/01/and-december-winners-are.html :)

Post a Comment