Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Friday!

Well we made it through another week.  TGIF!!! I am so excited.  I have a busy day at work wrapping things up.  I don't want to take home any work.  Then after school I am running to my lss to pick up the rest of my materials for my class.  I have to finish kitting tonight.  I am also going to pick up my materials for my May class.  I have to say I am so excited over my may sketches and paper choices.  Tonight I am going to try to make the demos as well.  I also have to pick up the materials for my sketch layout for National Scrapbook Day.  I did a cute layout using the new Bo Bunny line AD Lib.  I will post more information on it as we get closer to May 7th. So I have a busy day, but all of it is fun. 

What is everyone doing this weekend? Saturday is kind of shaky for us.  We are supposed to have a huge Easter Egg Hunt at our local YMCA, but the weather is calling for cold 50 degrees and rain.  I do not want to stand outside and look for eggs in that mess.  Might have to hold one at our house just with the boys.  I can go to the dollar store and buy some eggs and and put some candy in them.  Then friends of ours are having a big party to celebrate the finalization of their adoption.  It should be a great big party.  We are really excited! And then on Sunday my mom is coming over for lunch and I have my class.  So excited!

As I mentioned last week Becky was a bad influence on me and I purchased a HUGE order from Paper Trey Ink.  Here are a couple of pictures of my order--sorry they came out so bad but my scraproom is in the basement and there isn't much light down there.

My first part of my order were there specialty dies.  I love their dies.  I already have 2 of them but as you can see I NEEDED more (hehehehe) The reason I like them so much is that they have coordinating stamps to it.  I have one of their other sets and I use them ALL the time.  I should have a blast using these.  The reason I ordered all of these is because they will make perfect and fun journaling spots.  I hate buying them and now I can make my own. 

Here are the stamps.  Again most of them have the coordinating dies.  I also got a mix of buttons and some baker's twine.  

The first thing I did was put all the stamps in the CD cases.  So I have them all set to use.  I can't wait.

Here is another sketch that I will be making this Sunday at Simply Scrapbooks.  I can't wait to put the photos in them and get them already for the class.

I also got the exciting news that my layout Got Books? was chosen to be published on the Basic Grey web site gallery.  This is a huge honor.  I have tried several time and have been turned down so I am excited about my first!!!! HERE is the link to the gallery. If you have not seen the amazing work here please go check it out. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back on Monday with a new project.  Have a great weekend and see ya then!

10 comments:

Jenn said...

Enjoy all your new stuff. I would love to order from Paper Trey Ink but their shipping to Canada is so high.

Sue Althouse said...

Congrats on the layout for Basic Grey - how exciting!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! First, I LOVE Papertreyink dies and stamps and I am so envious(but in a good way) of that huge order you just got!!! Second, hope the egg hunt day turns out fabulous and warm! Third, Congratulations on the BG layout being chosen!!!

Becky said...

I hope you get all your work done so you can enjoy next week to the fullest! Your layout for class looks fab and I know everyone will have such a great time! Super excited for you and your BG news, way cool! Amazing Papertrey order! I'll be anxiously awaiting some projects with all those goodies!

Steph said...

Looks like you got a lot of great goodies! Congrats on having your layout published.

Just Jaime said...

Congrats on the layout! Looks like you got some fun new stuff! Good luck with Easter Egg hunt, my nephew loves to hide eggs and makes us hide them over and over.

Sharla said...

Those stamps and dies look really really fun!! Congrats on your layout getting published, that is so exciting!!

Tammy said...

Congrats on your exciting classes and the BG gallery. It is HARD to get in there! You are going to be busy today! I am having a garage sale tomorrow to raise some moving $ and then I'm going to RELAX! And fit in some scrapbooking at some point. :) Have a great weekend.

Elisa K said...

OH I think my heart just skipped a beat... LOL I am drooling over all that Paper Trey INK goodies.. I just simply love there buttons and need to get a few new colors. I guess the 20 I have aren't enough... Thanks for the gentle push and reminding me I need to put in an order. hehe

Hugs

Tracy said...

Congrats on being featured.
Those look so neat, and they have stamps to match...perfect.
Your layout is another fun one.
Enjoy your weekend, it sure sounds busy.

Post a Comment