Oh the week is marching on--HOORAY! For some reason I kind of forgot that I needed to make some Easter cards for my Mom and Mother in law. I just bought the Echo Park Springtime Collection a couple of weeks ago so I thought I would break it out. I just didn't want to go into a lot of work for this one. So I went shopping in the Silhouette store. They were having a sale and all the die cuts were 75 cents. I have had my Silhouette for close to 4 years now and I don't have a bunch of images. So I found this one of the egg and I loved the simple idea, and I thought I could easily turn this image into a card.
1.first I cut the image out for the egg. I saved the little flowers to use later.
2. I then went back to my image and removed the flowers and just had the egg shape. I cut to images of this.
3. The first was in purple to use as the front base of my card
4. and the second (white piece) was for the back of my card.
5. I placed my cut out egg on top of the purple piece. I added some I Rock gems in the center of the flowers.
6. I stamped the sentiment on the white egg.
7. I scored the white egg an inch on the side.
8. I attached some flowers on the inside and included some more I Rock gems
9. I glued the scored part and attached it to the purple part of the card.
Very simple and very easy. I liked how it turned out! Very clean and simple.
cardstock-neenah solor white, Die Cuts With A View
Well I will be back tomorrow with another layout. I hope everyone has a fantastic day!