Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Core'dinations Creative Frenzy

I was so excited when I saw on the Core'dinations blog that they were having try outs for the new Design Team.  I love Core'dinations cardstock because they have so many wonderful colors and  because there are so many things that you can do with it-sand it, emboss it, score it, tear it, and the  list goes on and one.  Core'dinations also teams up with other amazing companies to bring the best selection of cardstock. I just love it! So when I saw they  were looking for a new Team  I knew I had to try.  So I went to work and here is what I came up with using their amazing cardstock.

My Boy
I used so many different techniques on this layout.
1. I scored the base of the layout and then sanded it.
2. I wrinkled the brown cardstock and then sanded it to give it the distressed look
3. I embossed the red layer and then sanded it
4. I sanded the preembossed light blue sheet and finally
5. I tore the second layer of red

The look has so many differnt textures.  I just love it.

supplies
core'dinations cardstock, echo park paper, alphabet, stickers and stamp, paper trey ink buttons, tim holtz distress inks, cuttlebug

Enjoy Every Moment


For this layout I used the Jillibean Soup Core'dinations paper and did the following techniques:
1. Sanded the main layer of cardstock.  I really love to mix up the sanding and sand really lightly in some areas and then really heavy in others to give it that uneven distressed look.
2.  For the orange cardstock I used the reverse side so that the design was deembossed.
3. I then used the front side of the above cardstock and cut 2 strips and then punched it with my border punch. I then rubbed the Tim Holtz ink with my blending took to pick up the embossed layer. Love this look!
5.  I then used my Silhouette to create the title using the cardstock.

supplies:  core'dinations cardstock, jillibean soup paper and journaling tags and buttons, silhouette, ek success border punch

You can really do everything you need to make wonderful pages with the cardstock!

Pure Happiness

This layout once again I wanted to use  several differnt techniques.
1. I scored the base and lightly sanded it.  I love this! It makes such a nice frame for the inside piece.
2. I embossed and sanded the blue and green pieces.

supplies: core'dinations cardstock, october afternoon paper and stickers, cuttlebug

Happy Birthday


 For this card I used once again the Core'dinations cardstock as my base and then added another layer and sanded the pre embossed paper.  I then added some of the coordinating Jillibean paper. 

I just love the texture that you can create using this amazing cardstock!

supplies: core'dinations cardstock, jillibean soup paper and tag, paper trey ink buttons

I want to thank Core'dinations for considering my work.  It would be  both a dream and an honor to work for such an amazing company.

Thanks again for stopping by!

8 comments:

Steph said...

Cute layouts and cards! Good luck with the DT call. I think you would be great for it!

HarmonySweetpea said...

Fab work. All the best with the DT call. Your boy is such a cutie too!

Pam said...

Good luck! You did a wonderful job as usual! Love your talent!

Becky said...

Awesome layouts Mary Pat! Good luck on the tryouts!!!

Tracy said...

Your layouts are breathtaking. Love everyone of them.
Your card is lovely. so much texture in all your projects.

Lydia said...

Wonderful layouts!! WTG !! I love that card and that layout "pure happiness" just radiates Joy!! Good Luck!

Margie Higuchi said...

Go Mary Pat!! Don't you love Core'dinations?! Good luck :0)

Scrapenabler said...

Great job, love all the different techniques that you used. Good luck!

Post a Comment