Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday Card-Berry Sweet!

Happy Wednesday,

I can't believe my Spring break is almost over and I have really nothing to show for it.  I worked all day yesterday on getting my class ready for next month.  I have all the sketches done, displays done, notes done, and kit contents list done.  The only thing I need to do is take pictures of them for the blog (the weather had been so dark and gloomy with rain.  No good light) and then make the kits.  So I guess I did get something done.  It is just that I want to get some of my stuff done.  I know I will I just have to relax and it will happen.

You know how I love to enter the Imaginisce Monthly Challenges well this one was sooo much fun. 

The rules: Create at least one paper pieced element  on your project and use at least 75% Imaginisce products and post a link to your project before April 25, 2011

Ok I am usually not a paper piecer at all but I had this paper and I have been dying to use it!!! so I devolped this card.

1.  The base is 5x5
2. I cut the postage stamp to 4.8x4.8
3.  I cut my strawberry card and pieced it together and attached to the base of the card.
4.  I cut out 8 extra strawberries.
5.  I attached  4 of them on the outside base with pop dots.
6.  On the inside of the strawberry I stamped "You are so berry sweet"
7.  I adhered with pop dots the extra strawberries.



I have to say I LOVE how this turned out.  It just SCREAMS summer.  I can't wait to give it someone.  Not sure who yet but I can't wait.

supplies
cardstock-neenah solar white, bazzill
paper-imaginisce
stamps-hobby lobby
ink-memento
tools-silhouette

I hope everyone has a great day.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout (yup I better get busy or there won't be a post tomorrow!!hehehehe)  Thanks so much for stopping by!

18 comments:

Sarah Rice said...

this is SO adorable!!

Pam said...

That card looks good enough to eat! Very cute! TFS! :-)

Hedgehog Reader said...

What a yummy card! It's so cute - darling strawberries - and very summery! :o)

Handmade Hannah said...

Beautiful card that anyone would love to receive! Really like how you have used the pop dots to make the strawberries stand out! Thanks for sharing your lovely card :)

Just Jaime said...

CUTE! Love that big strawberry!

Pam W. said...

LOVE this card-so berry cute!

Becky said...

So cute! Love how summery it is! You know, I have never really understood paper piecing. Maybe I should watch some videos :)

Steph said...

Adorable card!

my4blessings said...

Love the fresh summery card! Excellent.

hilde janbroers said...

love this card! so fun!

Kendall said...

That card is so cute!! I am so jealous of all your cards cause they are too cute!!

Sharla said...

Great card, I love that it is shaped!

Erin Bassett said...

Such a very cute card!!

Tracy said...

I Love your card. The colours are so bright and cheerful.
It is so sweet, get it sweet, lol.

Liz said...

This is such a fun card

Court said...

That is definitely berry sweet!

Marielle said...

this is awesome,thanks for playing along with us at Imaginisce !

Unknown said...

Very cute card!

Post a Comment