Thursday, April 14, 2011

gingerbread house

Oh Yeah it is Thursday!

So last weekend I started having these dizzy spells.  They would be brief and last just a couple of seconds.  Well it was happening this week on and off and finally I was just lightheaded all day long.  I went to the doctor and I am having a spell of Vertigo.  It is really crazy.  I am on some medicine and boy oh boy is it helping.  I am feeling so much better. I don't know if anyone has experienced vertigo but it is the strangest feeling.  Hopefully my inner ear will return to normal in a couple of days.

Well I have been working all week on my upcoming class this Sunday.  I have made all the kits up. One of the papers is coming in tomorrow so all I have to do is add it to my class.  I know some people don't like the kit making part but since this is my first time I think it is really fun.  I am a bit nervous.  I know I have been a teacher for 22 years but this will be the first time that I will be teaching adults.  Way different! 

Gingerbread House
This was the first year that we attempled to make a gingerbread house.  We had a  bunch of fun.  Thank goodness my mom was there to help.  Jack just had a blast.

Supplies
paper-imaginisce
embellishments-imaginisce
tools: ek success, silhouette

I hope everyone has a fantastic day.  It is going to be around 67 degrees this afternoon so I am picking up the kids right away and we will walk to the park! I took tons of pictures the other day at the park.  We had so much fun.  Michael just loves running around.  He is scarred to climb on the equipment but he loves to watch Jack.  Way too cute!  I want to use this day wisely because the forecast is for rain and temps in the 50's for the next couple of days.  I need that sunshine!

I will be back tomorrow with another post and layout! Thanks for stopping by and I will see ya tomorrow!

12 comments:

Amy said...

I have had that terrible vertigo...mine was brought on my stress! Glad you are feeling better! You will do great teaching adults!! I am one of those who does not like to put together the kits for classes.....so I teach with my friend Sally and she puts together all the kits and I design the project and we teach together! Good luck with your class....you will have a great one I am sure!!

Handmade Hannah said...

Hello from a very chilly Edinburgh, Scotland! Lovely layout - I hope your boys will be able to look back on all of your hard work chronicling their early lives and appreciate how they clearly are adored by you.
I am also a teacher of secondary school students. I have taught adults English as a foreign language and found that harder. Good luck putting the kits together - I am doing a similar venture right now too! Have faith in yourself-you will do a great job I am sure of it. Have a great day! :)

Margie Higuchi said...

I am so glad you went to the doctors - vertigo is terrible! Sending you healthy vibes to you, Mary Pat!

As for the SB class - good luck and some are just like kids so don't worry! LOL!! You will have a mix bag - some who have confidence and some who are a little shy or unsure. You will do well - you are teaching what you love, right?

Great layout - look at that intense face! Love it! LOL!

Unknown said...

Love your layout! I love that you used 3 pictures and the paper is so cute! I have had vertigo since I was 9 and have never found anything to help all that much. I'm glad you have found something that works but I'm so very sorry you've had to experience it-I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! I just got over a week long bout with it! Some days were better than others, but my poor blog has suffered for it!

Becky said...

I hope the medicine continues to help and you're back to normal soon! In really excited to hear how your class goes :) Love the scalloped stripes on your layout!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the meds helped - feeling dizzy is so not fun!

Steph said...

Cute layout. They look so serious about decorating. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Jingle said...

Very cute page!

Pam W. said...

I hope you feel better! Dizziness is not fun. Great layout.

Connie Mercer said...

I think your layout is so cute and looks so fun!!! I hope you get to feeling better!! {{hugs}}}

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

I am glad you are feeling better on your meds now. Vertigo does not sound fun. Good luck with your class, I know you will do just fine :) Love your layout also :)

Tracy said...

Your layout is so cute.
Stop bragging about your weather;) It was -10 here this morning.
I have mild cases of vertigo. But my daughter has it so bad she can't even walk. She has missed work because of it. She got some meds, but they just made it worse, so she just waits for it to stop, sometimes it lasts for a whole week. Poor thing.

Post a Comment