Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Monday-Santa's Cookies-Jack

Hello,

Well is everyone sad like me that the weekend is over?  Friday at the crop I really didn't get anything done.  I basically worked on my upcoming class and spoke with the owner about doing a quick kit and class for National Scrapbook Day in May and we picked the paper and embellies to go with May's class.  I have 2 sketches already made.  I just have to make one more.  I did; however, make 6 cards.  I took all my scraps and made up some cards.  They are for Halloween and Christmas -- trying to get ahead of the game.

Saturday is was supposed to be partly sunny and in the low 70's but it never got out of the 50's and rained the entire day.  We were so busy it didn't matter.  Sunday was BEAUTIFUL! I actually broke out the shorts for the boys.  We took a family walk and went to the park.  Oh I love that!

Cookies for Santa

As I have said I have been trying to finish up Christmas.  Here is a layout using the Echo Park paper.  I have to say I love how this turned out!  Tomorrow I am going to show the same layout with Michael just with different paper and embellies.  It looks so different. 

My tip for the week:  You don't always have to reinvent the wheel each time you create a new  layout.  Scraplift yourself and just use different paper and embellies.  It makes is so easy on yourself.  I am all about making things easy!



Supplies
cardstock-bazzill
paper-echo park
journaling tag-echo park
stickers-ehco park
buttons- paper try ink
paper clips-tim holtz

I want to thank everyone who wrote such wonderful comments Friday.  You all are the best!

I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.  Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!




15 comments:

Christine said...

I love the echo park pp! And what a great reminder about keeping it simple.

Pam said...

I love the layout! How sweet! (No pun intended.) I wish so bad that I lived nearby. I would love to take a class from you. Looks like fun! And thanks for the tip! Love it!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love all the layouts you have made. tfs!

Diana Fisher said...

Love the corner embellies! Cute pics, too!

Handmade Hannah said...

I really like this layout - love the photos too. Thanks for sharing :)

Sue Althouse said...

Love this layout, such great colors yet the photos are the star!

Tammy said...

Love these photos! You did a great job with this layout and I love your tip too - especially for holidays like this when you have so many pages to get done.

Jingle said...

This is really cute! I love those photos!

Becky said...

Adorable layout and pictures. I really like the little journaling spot! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy part of your weekend! :)

Kendall said...

Super cute Christmas layout! Love the different papers you used!

Connie Mercer said...

never to early for Christmas layouts!!! super cute!! Love Echo park!!

Sharla said...

Love your Christmas layouts, I always have a hard time wanting to scrap them for some reason. Your's look great, can't wait to see the rest.

Unknown said...

Cute layout and what great advice to "scraplift yourself"!

Tracy said...

Another cute layout.
6 cards sound like a lot to me :)
I wish we would get some sun soon.

Steph said...

Another adorable layout! Great tip.

Post a Comment