Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Monday-Got books?

Good Morning!

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty good! I got some crafting done and hubby and I were able to get a sitter at the last minute and have a date night. We had a wonderful evening.  We looked at our schedule and we are totally booked till the end of April.  As I have said before date night is so important!  Poor Michael though hates it when we leave.  The boys sitter is my cousin so the boys know her very well, but Michael just keeps saying to her "I want mommy and daddy back".  Poor little thing!

Got Books?
Everyone in my family loves to read, and when Jack was little I started reading to him and he just loves books.  At his school the librarian comes every week to read a book and she said that you needed to be 5 to get your first library card.  Well Jack came home after school and he was so excited because he just turned 5.  So we went and Jack got his first card.  Oh, he was way too happy.  You know me.  I carry my camera with me everywhere so I took these pictures.  I just love them and I created this layout with them.


supplies
cardstock-core'dinations
paper-basic grey
brads-basic grey
journaling card-internet
title-silhouette

Well I hope everyone has a fantastic day.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.  Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

I love your photos. I some photos of when my son volenteered at the Library. Your layout captures it well.

Jingle said...

This is SO cute!!! I love it!

Jennifer said...

I love the library! Great layout! :)

Margie Higuchi said...

Love that you scrapbooked reading time in a layout! What a wonderful idea :)

Becky said...

So cute, love the brads and the little bingo card. You're right, all is right with the world, for today anyway... I have layouts for the rest of the week though. Hopefully I'll be all the way back to normal next week! ;) It sure felt good to post that card today though!

Vanessa said...

Aww, it's hard to leave them when they are sad, but it is nice to get out sometimes. I too carrry my camera everwhere. I don't want to miss a photo op. Great layout too.

Tammy said...

Awesome layout! I love the journaling on the library card. The photos are awesome. Good Mom to bring your camera everywhere! :)

Unknown said...

So cute! I love these photos and the layout goes with them perfectly. I loved reading to my kids and for while when they went to elementary school I would go around to the various classes and read to the children. Loved doing that!

Steph said...

Adorable layout!

Sharla said...

I love this layout...mostly because I love books and I think it's so cute how excited Jack was to get a library card! Happy reading to him!!

Pam W. said...

Great layout. My kids were so excited to get their 1st librar card too.

Scrapenabler said...

Love your layout! So cute that he was so excited to go get his library card.

Christine said...

I love this - the colors and accents work perfectly with the theme. I also think it's a great moment to capture.

DebW said...

Love it! Great colors!

Amy said...

I love the layout!!! the title is so cute!!

Tracy said...

I love to see young ones reading, its another one of my passions.
My girls got their library cards as soon as they were of age :)
Love your layout, and how you document the everyday things.

Post a Comment