Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday in May

Happy Monday,
Did you all have a great weekend?  We did but for my taste it was just a bit too busy!  We went to Lego Fest and I have never seen so many Legos in all my life.  The boys had a great time.  We then had a a date night which was very nice.  I love date nights with the hubby.  Sunday was just trying to do everything that I usually do on Saturdays and Sundays.  No reall crafting going on.  The temperatures are going down a bit this week so hopefully I will get some in this week!!

I don't scrap chronologically anymore, and I don't put an real pressure on myself to get things scrapped, but I don't like being a year behind.  Does that make sense.  So I kind of been  playing catch up just a bit.  Here is one of my favorite layouts of all times and I think this is one of my favorite collections from Jillibean Soup. 

Each May the town that I am from has a little festival and we take the boys every year.  It is so much fun.  These are the photos from That Day in May 2011.

Supplies
paper- jilllibean soup
diecuts and stickers- jillibean soup
cardstock- bazzill
twine- the twinery
stamps- ali edwards
ink- jenni bowlin
misc- paper crimper, tiny attacher, fiskars border punch, sewing machine

I hope everyone has a great day.  I will be back tomorrow with another project.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp

20 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Looks like lots of fun was had that day. Love the corrugated elements.

Unknown said...

Sweet layout! I loved taking our kids to fun things like that when they were little. As for being a year behind...I do scrap chronologically, but don't feel I have to scrap every event-still you are way ahead of me since I'm still scrapping 2009...Ha!

Mary Jo said...

Super, super cute 2pager!
Looks like a fun day!
And Lego Fest sounds fun!!

Jingle said...

What a lovely layout! That day looks so pretty!

Tammy said...

Sounds like the weekend for legos - we took my nephews to Legoland here in Florida! So. Much. Fun. :) Love your two pager. The photos are awesome!

Anonymous said...

so fun!

Fifty-two pairs in 2012 said...

Beautiful layout!
Rosie

Margie Higuchi said...

Mary Pat, I love this two pager! Great pics of the boys enjoying the parade...such a nice way to remembering those days when they get older :)

Unknown said...

Lego fest?? Was that here in Ohio?? I've never heard of it!! I'd love to take my neice & nephew! Your layout is beautiful, I NEVER scrap in chronological order either =)

Becky said...

Fun colors! I know what you mean about being a year behind, I have last years vacation to scrap and we're coming up on this years vacation...uh oh :)

As much as I love this weather, I did enjoy the rain a bit last week as it gave us a little break. Ha!

Danielle said...

Great layout-love the amount of photos you used!

Norma Gomez said...

Beautiful layouts, you don't even wanna know how far behind I am! I've been dying to ask you about Lego Fest, what exactly was it? I'm whatever they had, my son would be in heaven. I've got legos and books ALL over my house!

Cori in W. Texas said...

Awesome use of patterned paper while still keeping the focus on the photos. Love those happy smiles :)

Anonymous said...

Great twopager! Love the colors!

Katherine said...

It looks great sounds like fun and I love all the bright colours on the page :)

SandeeNC said...

I wish I had cute kids to take lots of pictures of so I could be behind too! lol I'm so caught up it's boring!! HA! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Janet's Joy said...

Just in time for Day in May 2012!! Hee Hee!!
Super 2 pager!

Unknown said...

really cute page!

Tracy said...

Your layouts are all so stunning.
What a fun town you must live in, to have a day like this.
Have you been to Mall of America? Your boys would love the huge lego sculptures that they have there.

Katie said...

I love the layout! The corrugated letters are awesome! That sounds like a great weekend, the boys liked the legos and you got a date night! Although I don't like when everything gets pushed to one day either, its too much to do all at once!

Post a Comment