Start to Finish blog posts have become very popular, and I have had several emails about my process and how I work. So I thought I would let you see how I create. If you don't want to see all of it just scroll to the bottom to see the end result.
1. First I start with my photo.
3. Next, I make a rough sketch of my design. I carry my paper pad with me at all times because you never know when that idea is going to come to you.
4. Technique #1 Misting-- Have you tried this technique yet? If not it is super duper fun! First, you start with a box to keep the mist from splattering everywhere.
5. Now I like to use Mister Huey by Studio Calico and I like to uncap the bottle and flick the mist onto my paper by tapping the side of the cap.
For this layout I wanted to add white as my base and place the spray droppings in the top left corner and bottom left corner with a couple of drops in the top right. I then added a bit of red ontop.
6. It is important to let the paint droppings to dry. While it is drying I like to set up all my pattern pieces and embellishments.
Technique #2-- Use your pattern paper as embellishments
I like to use my pattern paper as embellishments. I love this piece of pattern paper
All my pattern pieces and embellishments ready to be used.
9. Next, I layered my photo and mattings on top.
9. Now embellishment time-- Here are the embellishments that I knew I wanted to use.
I like my added hearts that I cut out. They worked out perfectly.
10. Now time to build the top.
I added some more hearts and then my title. Love how it looks and time to glue it all down!
The finished page:
paper and embellishments- jillibean soup
twine- the twinery
mist- mister huey
tools& misc- ek success border punch, foam dots, xyron runner, xyron x
I hope you enjoyed my scrapping process, techiniques, and frugal tips. If you have any questions please feel free to email me! I love it when you do!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow with a new project. Have a wonderful and crafty day!