Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday Buttercups

Happy Tuesday!

I tell you we have been loving the "summer" like weather here in southern Ohio.  For the first part of this week we are supposed to be in the 80's.  You can bet I will be using the grill ever night to cook.  I know the grill is supposed to be the "guy thing" and hubby does grill out on Sundays when it is nice but I use the grill during the week to cook our dinners.  I love it-- fast, easy, little clean up-- right up my alley!!

Today I wanted to bring you another layout using the March kit from Burlap and Buttercups.  These are photos of Michael last Spring and I still haven't had a chance to scrap them.  I thought the paper and embellishments worked perfectly with the photos.


supplies
the march kit from burlap and buttercups
I made the background using my Silhouette.

Be sure to stop by Practical Scrappers today because today's inspiration is how to incorporate die cuts on your pages and cards.  There are some awesome examples.  I have a card up!  Stop on over and say hi! Thanks! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with my Wednesday Card.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!

23 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Such a cute page! I hear you about that grillin' action! 80s in Chicago too - love it!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, the grill is our "best friend" for most of the year around here!! Anything to aid in easy clean up, no muss, no fuss. Your layout is adorable. Love the colors and the sewn seam are really eye catching, and the colors in the photos just pop!!

Becky said...

Love the fun bright colors and patterns on your layout today! Perfect for those pictures from last spring!!

We love the grill so much it gets used year round! Ha! This year was easy with our measly one and half inches of snow! And I'm with you, all about the easy clean up!!

Madeline said...

Love how you did the background. Great page!

Janet's Joy said...

Look at that happy face! Cute page!

Jingle said...

This is so super cute!

Anonymous said...

very cute!!!

Christina Collins said...

This is such a great layout! Love the papers you used and the large die cut piece. The pictures are just to cute!

Just Jaime said...

Great design and colors!

Tanya Ham said...

GREAT job! I love the shaped background! And super cute pics!

Linda said...

Such a happy layout!! Love the papers :)

Katie said...

Mmmm, grilling sounds delicious! My apartment is putting in new grills, but they aren't here yet, so I'm super jealous!

I love the spring colors in your layout, they are perfect for a layout about ice pops (Oh no! Now I'm craving grilled food AND ice pops! Its going to be a long day at work!)

Izzy Anderson said...

Beautiful page. Love the colors and patterns.

Danielle said...

Such a sweet page! I love how you used the die cut paper with the stitching down the center.

Anita Scroggins said...

Mary Pat I love your layout!! The colors are wonderful. I will stop by PS a little later.

Unknown said...

How adorable! Love the layout!

Annette Allen said...

what a fun layout...

Sue Althouse said...

Love that background! Pretty layout. It's even up in the 80's here in Michigan, so grilling sounds perfect - at least for a few more days!

Connie Mercer said...

so sweet!! Love your scrapbooking style!!

Tracey McNeely said...

So sweet Mary Pat.

Tracy said...

Awww what a sweet layout. He is sure enjoying his Popsicle.
We are getting unbelievable weather as well.
As for BBQing, I leave that up to hubby. I get bored and start weeding or raking and before you know it, smoke is coming out the back of the BBQ, lol

Catherine said...

Great LO...the colors in your papers really draw your attention to the photos of your son (which are adorable!).

Tracie Marie said...

Love this!!! So cute!!!

Post a Comment