Wednesday, March 9, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Card

Happy Wednesday!

When I think of St. Patrick's day I think of two things: First. Spring!!  I love spring.  Everything is just starting to bloom.  The warmer temperatures are my favorite and just happiness. Second my father.  My maiden name is O'Brien-(yep, now you know why I love St. Patrick's day--Irish!!!) and my father LOVED St. Patrick's day.  My mom and dad would dress up.  My dad had these awesome green pants with embroidered shamrocks on them.  A green vest and a fantastic hat.  He also had leprechaun ears and shoes.  He looked awesome.  I have been going through the family pictures trying to find a picture of him but so far I have not had much luck.  My parents weren't really big on pictures, but I do have my memories.

So for my family I have made some St. Patrick's day cards.  I made one for my mother and then I made a couple others for my family.  For the cards I used Little Yellow Bicycle's Lucky line from last year.  I bought this line last year and used every drop of it and then I won a contest from LYB and they sent me the entire line--oh yeah! So I now have tons to use for years to come.  I will never tire of this line.

For my mother's card I added some of the epoxy stickers to it.  I love the Celtic patterns in it!  A lot of the time when I have large titles or large die cuts I use my krylon spray adhesive and I have never had a problem--until this card.  For some reason this shamrock got too much adhesive and when I placed it on the cardstock the glue squished out--so it left some marks on it.  I am glad this is going to my mother because she will understand and probably won't notice--thank goodness -- but the perfectionist in me wanted to redo it but I just didn't have the time--


The inside of the card I used the journaling strips. I love this saying.  It is one of my favorites.  For the greeting I used one of my Hero Arts greeting stamp sets.
Here is the scaled down version that I am sending out to my friends and family.

Don't forget to go HERE to enter my giveaway of a $10 gift card to Michael's. You can create your own prize.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I love St Patrick's Day too, as it is my DS's birthday! I love the look of that LYB line, thanks for sharing your cards!

Becky said...

I love your card! So fun and festive. There's just something about St. Patrick's Day isn't there? It's one of those really fun holidays.

Vanessa said...

don't you hate when that happens to glue? It looks great thought and I'm sure no one will notice!

Danielle said...

I love that LYB line. I made a card for this month's SOS challenge using it. I love how your card came out.

Unknown said...

Really cute cards!! I am so ready for spring!!

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

Love your St. Patty Day's Card, especially the inside of the card is very cute!

Tracy said...

Sweet cards.
Such a fun memory.

Steph said...

Great card! Thanks for joining the Card Cupids challenge this week.

Post a Comment