Thursday, March 10, 2011

Make A Wish

Happy Thursday,

Well the week is marching on! I am looking forward to the weekend.  It is going to be a bit busy but nothing crazy. 

Normally this is a What am I working on Thursday post but guess what? I am not working on anything right now.  I seem to be having problems with this regular post.  I have not been very creative during the week.  I have been hanging out with the kiddos more and I have been trying to get back into an exercise routine.  There are not enough hours in the day to get all the stuff done that I want to do--work--kids--scrap--exercise--read--cook--clean--laundry--time with hubby--and the list goes on and on.  Every working mom goes through these battles.  If I exercise (which I know I am a rare one) I love to do it--I could work out everyday if I had the time, but then I don't get to scrap or hold Michael, or hang out with Jack and find something interesting about Egypt (yes, my son is into Egypt because of the Lego set Pharaoh's quest).  I hate it that I don't have enough time to do everything I want to do.  Sorry to complain--just trying to find that balance in my life where I get to do a little of everything.  Sometimes I am awesome at it and other times I am just terrible at it!  So instead of the What am I Working on I have a new layout for you.  I have really been using my own sketches lately and not entering other sketch challenges.  Sometimes my creativity is easier when it is my own creation but other times I need a little boost--I am sure you know what I am talking about!

Make a Wish
Well as I said earlier in the week I was able to get some scrapping done this past weekend and I finally finished Michael's birthday. I just love this picture of him.  He was so into his cake and candle etc.  For the layout I had a simple sketch I made that basically used up a lot of my scraps for the Imaginisce Birthday Bash line.  I love it when I can create an entire layout using my scraps.  When I say I try to use every piece of the paper I really mean it.  I only buy a collection line if I really love it and then I want to get my $$$$ out of it.




Supplies
cardstock:  bazzill
pattern paper & embellies:  imaginisce

Thanks so much for stopping by. I will be back tomorrow with another layout.  Don't forget to go HERE to leave a comment for my GIVEAWAY.  See you all tomorrow!

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the expression on his face. :) Wonderful job using those scraps! Awesome design; love that line too.

Jenn said...

Fabulous layout. I love the paper you used the colours go so nicely with the picture.

D's Paper Studio said...

I so understand. I've been spending a lot of time lately with my kids and grandkids and not doing as much crafting during the week. Great job of your layout.

Becky said...

I love this line too, so fun! I love your layout and think your sketch must gav ve been AWESOME! I'm right there with you on not having enough hours in the day. I like to think I'm pretty organized, but sometimes it just doesn't work out the way I planned. Once the weather gets nice, well be outside a ton too which adds a whole other element to our day. :)

Jingle said...

Fabulous layout!!!

hilde janbroers said...

great layout!!!

Diana Fisher said...

I love how that layout is blocked off. One of my fave layouts I made years ago was like that. I need to get back to that. Lovely page!!!

Sharla said...

Great layout Mary Pat, I just love the colors in that line, Michael looks so cute with his cake!

I completely understand trying to find balance in life with everything that you want to fit into each day...whenever I think I have time to sit and relax, go for a walk or scrap...something usually comes up to prevent that, and I'm off in a totally different direction.

Pam W. said...

Wow. I love this layout - so cute. And I love to use every single scrap I can!!

Tammy said...

Fantastic layout! I love the blocked background. And the photo is great. I hear you too...I'm not working full time right now and I don't have the kids and husband, but I STILL struggle with doing everything I want to do. Some nights I fall into bed thinking why didn't I get these other five things done today? It is a balance and it will never be perfect. You just have to choose what's right in the moment. :)

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com/

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

ooh cute layout - i love that line!!! i'm using very shabby papers etc just now :D not so much into the brights - they scare me LOL.

Vanessa said...

I hear you with the life balance thing. It's tough. I was just saying the exact same thing to my husband the other day how I wished there were just a few more hours in the day to do everythig...if only!

smdluxe said...

Great use of all your different patterned papers. I loved the "color blocking??" I don't even know what it's called, but you know what I mean. lol Best Wishes!!

Tracy said...

Awwww what a sweet layout.

All women can relate to "not enough time in a day". I think that is another reason why I love to stay up late. I seem to get more done, but then I drag my butt the rest of the day.

Anonymous said...

Hi mates, how is the whole thing, and whаt you ωiѕh
for to sаy on the tοpic of this pаragrаph, in mу view its reаllу remarkаble in ѕuрport of
me.

My web site - CarbonPoker Offer

Post a Comment