Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday MME and SOG

Happy Monday,
Did you have a nice weekend?  We sure did here!  My word for the 2013 is BALANCE and I have to say I am doing a much better job at including more balance in.  I actually had time were hubby and I just sat on the  couch together and just relaxed.  I am the type of person that just keeps going and I am trying to learn how to just relax and let a bit go!  So far in 2013 I am doing a great job!

Last school year Jack had an assignment to make a pet rock and this pet rock would be their reading buddy.  There was a contest to make the best one and the winner would get to be on the announcements.  Well, this was a challenge right up my alley!  LOL!!  Jack picked out all the supplies and I  helped hot glue everything on our rock!  Jack won!!  Jack saved his "friend" and he has it in his room.
For my layout I broke out my MME again.  I just totally love this collection.  I am now down to just scraps.  I am so sad :(!  I also used some of my Some Odd Girl sentiment stamps!  For the background I used 2 6x6 papers and on one I cute out on my Silhouette the arrow background.

supplies
paper- die cuts- chipboard- brads- mme
flair- a flair for buttons
wood veneer- studio calico
stamps- some odd girl
ink- jenni bowlin, tim holtz
tools- sewing machine, Silhouette

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  See you then! Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

21 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

Adorable page! Congrats to you and Jack! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Yay for Jack and this wonderful layout! I still have a rock I painted in first grade. It wasn't a pet rock, and it wasn't a reading buddy, but it was an art project. :)

Madeline said...

Wonderful page! Congrats to Jack!

Tammy said...

That is too cute! Love pet rocks - I don't have mine from grade school but I do remember it! Fabulous layout. Love the you rock wood veneer! :)

Norma Gomez said...

What a fun project and the layout turned out great!

Izzy Anderson said...

This page couldn't be cuter! Sweet pics and I love this design. Congrats to Jack - and his mommy - on a great project!

Jingle said...

This is such a super cute layout! I love the die cut Friend!

Christy said...

This is super cute! I love the arrows!

Jennifer Grace said...

Ha ha, I love that rock! Such character! The wood veneer piece is so perfect for this page. Love all the little details. x

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! Jack's pet rock is too too cute! Congratulations on winning :)

Connie Mercer said...

so cute!!! great design and I love MME too!!!!

LB whosthischick said...

Too funny...you have to find some old stories on how people used to sell "pet rocks" Great layout.

Mr Tumness Crafting said...

Lovely layout. Congratulations on winning Jack, but what is the rocks name he must have one lol. :)

Crystal Schneider said...

Great page. I love that rock my girls would love decorating a rock I should remember that this summer.

Fleursbydesign said...

Cute page, Jacks little rock is awesome :)

Staci said...

Too cute! Very creative. TFS.

Annette Allen said...

aww cute pet rock...great layout..

~Tammy~ said...

Now that is a cute reading buddy! What a darling page!

Becky said...

What cute pictures! How perfect is that wood veneer! Love the layout!

Tracy said...

What a great layout. Love the little rocks tongue sticking out and his sparkle nose, lol.
So glad you are finding your balance :)

Anonymous said...

love the layering and embelishing on this LO! Its beautiful

Post a Comment