Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Do you have any special plans for this wonderful day?  I always make special cards for my 3 favorite guys.  I have little gifts for the boys to open.  Michael is getting a new Lego Ninjago sticker book and Jack is getting $5.  He LOVES money.  He is  a great little saver and he is awesome with his money.  I can't believe that a first grader is so in tune with money.  Right now he is really into Minecraft.  I got the free version on my ipad but he he wanted the full version so he had to pay for 1/2 of it.  Now he wants to get some of the additional aps and this $5 will get him a couple of them.  He is going to be so excited!  Jeff and I don't exchange anything really for Valentine's day.  We exchange cards and that is about it.  My view on Valentine's day is that why is there just one day- shouldn't every day be Valentine's day with the people you love?

Here is a card that I made for hubby.  I used the Imaginisce Love You More collection along with Some Odd Girl Stamps. 
supplies
paper- imaginisce
stamps- digi and clear- some odd girl
ink- jenni bowlin, memento
markers- spectrum noir

I have a big day planned for today.  I am having my lasik eye surgery.  I am sooo nervous but I know it will be worth it!  So I apologize in advance for not stopping by your blogs today as I am not allowed to be on the computer today.  I will be sure to visit as soon as I am up and around!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  See you then.   Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

23 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

A very sweet card - love the background :)
Want to wish you luck on your surgery and prayers for a FAST recovery xo

Happy walker said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
=)

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Good luck with your surgery! I always find the anticipation of something like this to be the worst. You'll be thrilled when it's over. :) Love the sweet card you made for your hubby! I have cards and chocolates ready for mine and Alexa.

Jennifer Grace said...

Cute card, I love the arrow! Good luck with your eye surgery, I bet it will be amazing! x

Mary Jo said...

Happy Valentine's Day and good luck with your surgery!!!
I feel the same way about vday. We celebrate it more as a family now and I'd rather have lots of little date nights throughout the year :)

Evan is into Minecraft, too!
Loves it!!!

Jingle said...

This is so super cute! I love it!

Sue Althouse said...

Such a cute card! Best wishes for your surgery, hope all goes smoothly.

Danielle said...

Very pretty card! Good luck with your eye surgery!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love your background paper and what a cute little girl :) Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Miriam Prantner said...

SO cute and good luck with the surgery. My hubby had it a couple years ago, and is so happy with the results!

Madeline said...

Sweet valentine! Wishing you the best with your lasik procedure.

Becky said...

Good luck with the surgery!!! I know it will go great! Super cute card today and happy Valentines day :)

Mr Tumness Crafting said...

Hi lovely card, hope all goes well with the surgery and hope you have a lovely valentine,s anyway. :)

Jasmine said...

MP, I hope everything has gone well with your surgery! Wishing you success!! Beautiful card, I am with you on your feelings about Valentine's Day! Had to chuckle that your son is 'all about minecraft' ...that is ALL my nephew talks about! Speedy recovery!
Jasmine
alittledabofglue.blogspot

Lisa Echerd said...

Hope your surgery goes well! Wonderful that the little guy is so good with money at an early age. That's priceless :-) Adorable card.

Annette Allen said...

aww this is the sweetest... love it..Happy Valentines Day..

I hope everything goes well with your surgery..

Connie Mercer said...

so cute!! you really have a way with the makers!!!

Norma Gomez said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and the family! Beautiful card, your coloring is gorgeous and I really love that patterned paper. My little guy is hooked on Minecraft too!!! I think they'd get along great :D Books, Legos and Mindcraft = heaven for mine ;D

Izzy Anderson said...

That card is so sweet. You are a great colorist. Love that hex paper too.

Wishing you well on your surgery, Mary Pat. I was quite near-sighted when I has lasik and I remember that I did not get 20/20 immediately like I thought I would! It was weird to see fuzzy for a couple days. But it was worth it. I am sure you will sail right through!

Tracy said...

Good luck with your surgery, I am sure you will be fine. I have known lots of people who have got this done and are so happy that they have.
Your card is so adorable.
Great image and colouring.
I agree about Valentines day..we didn't do anything out of the ordinary...except have dessert...cheese cake ;)

gale said...

This is so cute!! I love that image and your coloring looks fantastic. I hope your surgery went well (this surgery is on my wish list!) and that you heal up quickly.

Tanya Ham said...

Adorable card, and good luck with your surgery! :) I've heard amazing things about it, I'm just too chicken to do it myself!! You'll have to share your experience with us!

Katie said...

This card is adorable! I hope everything went well with your surgery :)

Post a Comment