Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday Kite Tails and a Sketch

Happy Wednesday!

I was up last week on the Kite Tails Designs blog with a quick and easy card sketch.  I really like the clean and simple looks to cards.  One of the reasons why I like them so is that they are usually super easy to create and I can use a bunch of my scraps!  I really do not have a lot of scraps because I always use them on my cards.  

My sketch
For this cards I used the Blue Sky Day.  I loved that this collection had the same pattern paper in different colors.  I picked 3 colors and cut a square.  I then cut out of the pattern pieces a circle to add a bit of embellishment.  I then added a touch of bling to the center of the circle.  You always need bling- right??  Finally I added a quick sentiment from my Lawn Fawn stamp set.  I love it when a card can come together in under 15 minutes!
supplies
cardstock- neenah solar white
paper- kite tails designs
bling- doodlebug
stamp- lawn fawn
ink- hero arts

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp



16 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, 15 minutes or less on a card is wonderful:) Cute card! I can't believe you don't have many scraps...mine are always overflowing!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

A 15 minute card is a blessing in my book. LOL! I love the blocks of paper with the rhinestone-topped circle to finish it all off!

Mary Jo said...

Such a cute, simple design!!
I agree. The quicker the better with cards for me :)

Janet's Joy said...

Love a card that is fast and cute!

Tammy said...

Fast and simple - love this! Very fun sketch - you can be creative or keep it simple. :)

Christina said...

Fast and simple-perfect for the card I need to create tonight! :) Love it!

Connie Mercer said...

adorable~love the colors you used!!!

Unknown said...

Great card-- I love the simple patterns!

Jingle said...

This is SO super cute! I love the graphic design!

Annette Allen said...

such a fun design...love those patterns...

Danielle said...

Lovely card-like the way you rounded two corners.

Katie said...

This is a great card! The repeating pattern/different color papers are perfect for the sketch!

Laura said...

It's amazing how that one rounded corner makes the card so much more interesting

Becky said...

So cute! Love the squares.

Tracy said...

Great card Mary Pat.
I need to made some simpler cards to have on hand.
I like that you rounded the one square :)

Tanya Ham said...

Clean and simple! Love it! :)

Post a Comment